No announcement yet.

Shnf 15-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy father's day to all of y'all and good luck dmack shoot straight and hit 12's and Damian great new about your grand baby's

Comment

Happy Father's Day to all. Good luck dmack and great news Damian!

Comment

Happy Father's Day to all.

Comment

Happy Father's Day!
          Last edited by WhiteBoy; 06-21-2015, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Well finally make time to do some scouting. Get there and wait 45 mins in the truck for the rain to stop. Hard rain too!! While sitting there a doe walked right in front of me. Figures. Finally stopped and walked about a mile back, after seeing nothing else on the radar, and bottom dropped out again! Walked all the way back to the truck and still raining and get on the highway and not a cloud in the sky. Go freakin figure! I was drenched. Try again tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
              Well finally make time to do some scouting. Get there and wait 45 mins in the truck for the rain to stop. Hard rain too!! While sitting there a doe walked right in front of me. Figures. Finally stopped and walked about a mile back, after seeing nothing else on the radar, and bottom dropped out again! Walked all the way back to the truck and still raining and get on the highway and not a cloud in the sky. Go freakin figure! I was drenched. Try again tomorrow.
              That's the way it goes sometimes. Tough luck!

Comment

Oh! Forgot to mention, I did find one of the arrows I broke off of that buck I shot last year. Had about 3-4" broke off of it. I guess the rest was in him. Thought that was cool to find after all this time.

Comment

Home cooking ribs. Had a good day today. Didn't shoot as well as I wanted but pretty good non the less. 5 down on a tough course. Mama had a ruff day but I told her it's just practice. No big deal. This week is the one that counts. Pray she gets some confidence for this weekend. And it's always good in the forest Lee. Even if it rains.

Comment

Yea I guess it was good to get out but a torrential downfall did make it kinda crappy. Trying a new spot tomorrow. 3 good seasons at my last spot is getting old. Tired of killing deer there. Lol. J/k. I do need some new scenery tho.

Comment

Yea I guess it was good to get out but a torrential downfall did make it kinda crappy. Trying a new spot tomorrow. 3 good seasons at my last spot is getting old. Tired of killing deer there. Lol. J/k. I do need some new scenery tho.
                      I need to get out there and expand my horizons as well. I had a few spots, but one just didn't produce at all last year, and I got narrowed down to one spot. Definitely need some more spots, but it is hard to move when you see deer on 75% of the hunts.

Comment

Oh! Forgot to mention, I did find one of the arrows I broke off of that buck I shot last year. Had about 3-4" broke off of it. I guess the rest was in him. Thought that was cool to find after all this time.
                        Wow! That is quite some time later to find that. Now it would really be impressive if you found that deer this season !

Comment

Originally posted by gonecoastal View Post
                          Wow! That is quite some time later to find that. Now it would really be impressive if you found that deer this season !

If I remember he did find the deer. Just not the arrow.

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
                            If I remember he did find the deer. Just not the arrow.
                            Ah, thought the deer got away. Still neat to find the rest of the arrow months later.

On another note, I've been putting in some work on Google Earth. Going to try to make my first trip out to the forest in the next week or so. Generally speaking, are most of the roads in the forest that you can see from the satellite images accessible by truck? Or are some of those dirt roads closed for pedestrian traffic only?

Comment

Most are closed until bow season starts. Only main roads open.

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
                                Most are closed until bow season starts. Only main roads open.
                                So during the season, these roads are accessible by vehicle? For scouting purposes, I assume you just make the trek down the road huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X