No announcement yet.

Shnf 15-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I threw up a little in my mouth.

Comment

Well I certainly hope y'all don't take offense to that because it was definitely intended as a joke I was laughing my butt off when I posted it (but I did feel a little dirty googling Brokeback Mountain movie stills LOL).

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
        Well I certainly hope y'all don't take offense to that because it was definitely intended as a joke I was laughing my butt off when I posted it (but I did feel a little dirty googling Brokeback Mountain movie stills LOL).

Are you kidding? If you are sensitive you better not be on this site. It's all about making fun of each other. And shooting critters.

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
          Are you kidding? If you are sensitive you better not be on this site. It's all about making fun of each other. And shooting critters.
          LOL Well that's a good point. There are a lot of softies on this site, though. Fortunately they stay out of here

Comment

Well we just had a cool morning phone call. Just spoke with the Olympic archery coach. They are in Copenhagen getting ready for the summer Olympics. He is helping us with some bow set tools and log book recordings. Feeling so lucky to have friends in the know department.

Comment

Well we just had a cool morning phone call. Just spoke with the Olympic archery coach. They are in Copenhagen getting ready for the summer Olympics. He is helping us with some bow set tools and log book recordings. Feeling so lucky to have friends in the know department.
              That is pretty cool.

I have an actual archery related question for you (GASP): how long does it, or how long should it, take for someone to draw, aim and release? I take an inordinate amount of time per shot (10 - 15 seconds) getting settled, walking the pin to my shot-point, and releasing. It's tiring and I suspect it's not supposed to be this difficult. Admittedly I don't shoot as often as I should but do you think this is something more practice could help with?

Comment

That is pretty cool.

I have an actual archery related question for you (GASP): how long does it, or how long should it, take for someone to draw, aim and release? I take an inordinate amount of time per shot (10 - 15 seconds) getting settled, walking the pin to my shot-point, and releasing. It's tiring and I suspect it's not supposed to be this difficult. Admittedly I don't shoot as often as I should but do you think this is something more practice could help with?

Once you have drawn back and come too anchor. You should try to acquire and process your shot within 7 to 8 seconds. If it does not fire within this time your muscle will fade quickly. Plus eye sight if your holding your breathing. Eyes go first with lack of oxygen. Then your mind starts to wonder. After 8 seconds let down and start over. But this is for practice and not hunting. And this is with proper release. Not triggering the release. Learn the proper release first and then work on shot sequence. Are you will just be counting down to 8 and punching it.

Comment

I agree with dmack, John. Although it was a disgusting site, we got what you were putting down. And I'm pretty sure no one, at least in this group, was offended. If they were, sorry, go somewhere else. That's how we roll anyway, try our hardest to offend the next person.

Just took my big boy fishing in the pond across the subdivision. It's all part of a state forest and we walked through the woods some. Seen some deer, a rabbit, frogs, turtles and a new pond with tons of perch in it. Got too hot for him so we walked back (half the time he was on my shoulders....wuss!) I love taking him in the outdoors. And he enjoys it too. Win, win.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                    I agree with dmack, John. Although it was a disgusting site, we got what you were putting down. And I'm pretty sure no one, at least in this group, was offended. If they were, sorry, go somewhere else. That's how we roll anyway, try our hardest to offend the next person.

Just took my big boy fishing in the pond across the subdivision. It's all part of a state forest and we walked through the woods some. Seen some deer, a rabbit, frogs, turtles and a new pond with tons of perch in it. Got too hot for him so we walked back (half the time he was on my shoulders....wuss!) I love taking him in the outdoors. And he enjoys it too. Win, win.
                    That state park is a cool looking place. Too bad they don't do some kind of hunting permit draw there.

Comment

Once you have drawn back and come too anchor. You should try to acquire and process your shot within 7 to 8 seconds. If it does not fire within this time your muscle will fade quickly. Plus eye sight if your holding your breathing. Eyes go first with lack of oxygen. Then your mind starts to wonder. After 8 seconds let down and start over. But this is for practice and not hunting. And this is with proper release. Not triggering the release. Learn the proper release first and then work on shot sequence. Are you will just be counting down to 8 and punching it.
                      Thank you, sir I know a lot of comes with practice, I just need to do more of it. Now that my little one's back in school/daycare and my wife's back to school I can set my target up in the backyard during the day and not have to worry about being pestered with whether or not it's a good idea to shoot back there

Comment

That state park is a cool looking place. Too bad they don't do some kind of hunting permit draw there.
                        At first, I was thinking "how does he know what forest I'm talking about?!" Haha. Forgot you came over to the house that one day. Duh! Anyway, yea, that would be amazing. The amount of deer we have in our subdivision and that forest that backs up to it is ridiculous!! So stinkin many! And while walking through it today, we found a bunch of hog rootin going on. All around both ponds. I would love to bow hunt some of them. I really don't know why we can't hunt it. They should make it bow only.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                          At first, I was thinking "how does he know what forest I'm talking about?!" Haha. Forgot you came over to the house that one day. Duh! Anyway, yea, that would be amazing. The amount of deer we have in our subdivision and that forest that backs up to it is ridiculous!! So stinkin many! And while walking through it today, we found a bunch of hog rootin going on. All around both ponds. I would love to bow hunt some of them. I really don't know why we can't hunt it. They should make it bow only.
                          LOL I've got a buddy that lives at the back of your neighborhood, looks like maybe an older part or something. Anyway, I drove by that park in April when I went up there for a crawfish boil and I was like, maaaaaaan....there are probably some bruisers in there.

Comment

Yea, I haven't seen any Giants but I'm sure they're here. This last November, I did see a 120 class 8 point cross the street one night. He was dragging tail. Drive right up to him and he barely moved. Run down from the rut big time. I have seen herds of 20-30 doe at a time though!

Comment

You must be talking about jones park. Use to ride horses back there all the time. There are some big deer out there for sure.

Comment

Yep. William G Jones or something like that. I'm sure there are. People still ride horses back there.

Comment

Working...
                                X