Any reports from Kerrville?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any reports from Kerrville?

Wondering if anyone in the first draw is checking the green screen. My dad and I were drawn for the last hunt dates, wondering what you're seeing and what he hunts are like

Kerrville Schreiner Park?

We just got back tonight. There were a ton of deer, but the does we're skiddish. Especially on the third day.

There's axis and blackbuck there as well.

My son missed 3 shots, but it was his first solo hunt. I was in a brush blind. I had 4 different opportunities but could not get my bow down without getting busted. All my shots and my Sons were within 20 yards.

You draw for blinds during orientation. If you don't see deer they were good at moving you to another spot. The hunts went from 6-10 am and 2-6 pm. They will drop you at your stand. The first day you have to set up and brush your area in.

I suggest a pop up blind and brush it heavily. Also, next time I will use a crossbow. I could have easily taken my 2 does on the first couple of hunts.

There were several deer taken an axis and a red stag.

Comment

Also, Josh and the other guys that ran the hunt were great. They were very helpful and they try to put you on the deer.

Comment

Awesome thanks for the report. I'm sure they'll be skidding when we get there since it's the last of 4 hunts but good to know there are lots of things being seen

Comment

my wife and I leave this Sunday for our hunt there, hope to bring back a story and pics

Comment

Good luck Kunder, let us know!

Comment

thanks hooligan ya bet I will keep yall updated

Comment

Any pic of the red stag. My daughter hunted there thanksgiving weekend.

Comment

I didn't get a pic but I know a couple of the Guys did. I think they are on the G S as well.

It was small for a red stag, but weighed in at 219 lbs

Comment

I'm dreaming of a red stag or axis coming home in my cooler. I'll take anything though

Comment

Just got back from there. All of the animals are spooky, and they know where the existing blinds are setup. If you draw stand 1 -4 or 10 - 12 you will see deer, blackbuck and axis. and they will walk between the existing brush blinds just out of range. So, setup in a new place, away from the exisitng blinds. I drew a stand location not listed above, and didn't see anything shootable. They are a very nice group running the show, and met some great guys from border patrol that were hunting. Bring hunters orange, you have to wear it going to and coming from blinds. They will drop you off so come prepared and travel lite. Bring saw, lopers, chair, rope or wire, leafy camo, CORN or alfalfa, and any other stuff you may need to set up a blind.

Comment

Working...
                      X