Questionon the Moore Plantation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questionon the Moore Plantation

I was looking at the map of the Moore in the APH booklet and reading the season dates and noticed that during the january muzzleloader season it states that a legal buck must have at least one unbranched antler. It says nothing about the 13" rule. So does that mean a buck less than 13" is legal only during the late january muzzleloader season?

no, it just means you can only shoot a spike.

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
      I was looking at the map of the Moore in the APH booklet and reading the season dates and noticed that during the january muzzleloader season it states that a legal buck must have at least one unbranched antler. It says nothing about the 13" rule. So does that mean a buck less than 13" is legal only during the late january muzzleloader season?
      As long as at least one side is unbranched, it doesn't matter how wide it is.

Comment

thats what I thougtht, so the 13' rule is out the window?

Comment

If a buck has an unbranched antler, the 13" rule NEVER applies in an AR county.

In answer to your original question, you cannot shoot any deer that does not have an unbranched antler.
          So a less than 13" buck is not legal during the ML season, unless it is unbranched.

Comment

Maybe I'm over thinking this but is a 13" or better wide buck thats is branched on both sides legal? I know during the regular season they are, but my question is the muzzleloader only season.

Comment

Maybe I'm over thinking this but is a 13" or better wide buck thats is branched on both sides legal? I know during the regular season they are, but my question is the muzzleloader only season.

If the rules are as you stated in the first post, then no, you cannot shoot a deer with two branched antlers. It wouldn't matter if it was 10" or 20".

Comment

Yeah, they didn't put the typical full description of the rule, and could have been written a little better I think. But it "must have at least one unbranched antler."

Simply put, the deer could have a 20" inside spread and be legal as long as it had "at least one unbranched antler." Would be quite the longhorn

You said it right--the 13" rule is out the window. It is a moot issue as it is a measure that is no longer used during ML season.

Comment

Ok, thanks yall for the clarification. So a 16" wide 8pt with 4 on each side is an illegal deer. But a spike or any buck with an unbranched antler no matter how wide is legal.

Let me know if I still don't have it right!

Comment

Ok, thanks yall for the clarification. So a 16" wide 8pt with 4 on each side is an illegal deer. But a spike or any buck with an unbranched antler no matter how wide is legal.

Let me know if I still don't have it right!
                    you got it.

Comment

10-4! Appreciate yalls help!

Comment

Working...
                      X