Public land close to Bryan/CS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public land close to Bryan/CS

What are some great public lands within 2hrs of Bryan/CS? New to the area and bowhunt only. Any help would sure be thankful!!!!!

where im at

I live in college station. Closest decent place we have heard to hunt publicly is the Sam Houston National Forrest. There are unfortunately no places in the Brazos Valley.

Comment

Wow. Lease is too expensive so gotta try public. Would like to find some bow hunting only ares within 2 hrs

where im at

Comment

Nails Creek at Somervillle....west end of the lake. There is also an Archery Only area in the SHNF. Public Hunting....

Comment

There is some public land up around Lake Limestone (1.5 hours away) that you have to buy an annual hunting permit for. Check out this link and look at the maps.

Comment

The Limestone tract is not bow-only--unless they changed it this year.

Comment

There is a bow only area of the Sam Houston National Forest right off I-45 next to Huntsville State Park.

Comment

Thanks for all the info!!

where im at

Comment

Mud, get a cheap mountain bike and take advantage of all the closed Forest Service roads on the Sam Houston NF. If I lived closer, that's the only place I'd hunt. The road that goes down the West side of the Little Lake Creek Wilderness area offers some great hunting, and is miles long. I've taken several deer from within 1/4 mi. of that road the past three years, all after riding in on my mountain bike.

Comment

Thanks so much to everyone!!!

where im at

Comment

Working...
                    X