Lake Fannin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Fannin

Anyone hunting Lake Fannin? Trying to find something else besides LBJ to hunt (General Season starting) and I saw Lake Fannish is a archery only hunting zone for white tail and hog.

If I were hunting there I would hike in to the upper northeast side toward the Red River and walk the fire line until you find the hog and deer trails coming off private land. Look at some satellite photos and you can find a two track that will take you back in there.

Look at where it says Bike Trail on this map.

Comment

Thanks Froggy! I will check that out and do some scouting this weekend.

Comment

It's worth a shot, I've hunted there a few times and saw deer more often than not.

Comment

Originally posted by daynnightt View Post
          Thanks Froggy! I will check that out and do some scouting this weekend.
          I know its public..... but please don't be one of those "Sorry...I didn't know anyone was down here...I'm just scouting".

Comment

Ain't my first rodeo good sir! lol

Comment

Originally posted by daynnightt View Post
              Ain't my first rodeo good sir! lol
              Understood!! Good luck to you

Comment

Anyone out hunting this area yet? If so let me know how your luck has been, don't want to know areas obviously I don't mind doing my own work (I hiked all through LBJ spotting and stalking) just wanting to know if it is 100% worth my time driving there instead of LBJ

Comment

is it either sex or buck-only?

Comment

Working...
                  X