Rut tracking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rut tracking

I just thought it might be nice for us all to post up any rut activity that we see so we all know where it's starting and when. if ya'll are game post what you saw, i.e. pre rut dominance fights, chasing, or even just the big bucks coming out, and what county you saw it in. this way everyone will have an idea what's going on as far as rut goes. Personally all i've seen is the big bucks moving in bosque county but then i'm not out a whole lot myself

Bucks were running does at my Bastrop co lease on Wednesday

Comment

Buddy shot a beast yesterday in williamson co. 13 point. Neck was swollen already and his tarsal glands were funky....early a bit...maybe with all the rain and cool mornings there going to be a little early...

Comment

Seen quite a few scrapes and rubs at Somerville WMA

Comment

Also tbh brother sneaky said bucks running does in red rock...I think thats caldwell co..

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
            Also tbh brother sneaky said bucks running does in red rock...I think thats caldwell co..

Red Rock isn't far from me at all

Comment

definately going on in the austin area then

Comment

In South Victoria county the bucks have been chasing since a couple of days before opener and still going on as our rut is a little weird and it will go through the end of November.

Comment

Not yet at Somerville. Bucks are still together in bachelor groups, and fawns are still pretty tight with the does. I haven't seen a scrape yet.

Comment

Going
                    In wilco

Comment

I did see one small scrape at whitney lake but it was small probably an immature buck starting early

Comment

Kind of weird in chambers county, shot 8pt two weeks ago, musky, black torsal glands, came in pushing does, saw another buck same hunt pushing does, today and yesterday seeing bucks running the ladies still. But they are t responding to calls, or fighting, and not really seeing any scrapes... I think they are confused, I know I am. Lol

Comment

Lexington is getting close, I watched a couple good shooters with their noses up and chasing last weekend.

And here in cypress, I watched a nice ten pointer chasing in a neighborhood yesterday morning!!

Comment

Comment

Watching. The spike I shot yesterday in runnels county was already smelling on his glands

Comment

Working...
                              X