Coleto Creek bow hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coleto Creek bow hunt

Has anyone hunted Coleto Creek this year?

We were drawn for Halloween weekend and am hoping someone can provide a scouting report or share a story from this year.

We hunted unit B this weekend and it was tough! Only managed 2 does between 4 of us. Both were killed yesterday morning.

Comment

We are assigned the front compartment next to the ranger station; compartment C. It's the two person area but I spoke with them and will be able to hunt the section with my 14 and 16 year old sons.

If anyone else goes before Halloween weekend let me know how you do.

Comment

Any updates on coleto hunts and what blinds in section B did the does come from

Comment

Any more reports ......we are hunting it Thanksgiving weekend....

Comment

We're two weeks out. I'll update out hunt when we go.

Comment

Good luck on your hunt! Deer movement should be much better for you guys than when we were there. This was our second year and last year was much better.

Comment

Good luck. I've never hunted there but I used to fish there a lot when I was in school. Always saw deer close to the Ranger Station on my way to the boat launch.

Comment

Counting down. Leaving after the football game Thursday.

Comment

We were able to hunt spikes and does this past weekend. My 14 year old shot his first deer (spike) with a bow. the only one taken but there were deer everywhere.

Comment

Congrats to your son. Are spikes and does the only game to be taken?

Comment

Does and spikes and pigs only. Does are normally MLD permits so you dont have to burn tags.
                        Hey Cypress Hunter what area were yall hunting and watch feeder was he on when shot his spike. Tell him congrats.

Comment

We were next to the ranger station. He was in the back next to the dam.

All he had back there were bucks and yearlings. The first morning he watched a 10 with two 8 pointers. After they left he had another 8, 6 and the spike come in.

Comment

Yo

Comment

Thanks for the info. We are headed that way next weekend for a 6 man hunt.

Comment

Working...
                              X