Old sabine bottom!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old sabine bottom!!!

I have hunted here a few times the past years. Just trying to get to know some of the guys that hunt down there. Look forward to hunting with all of you during bow season. I just hope to harvest a couple does, and I know shaun hopes we kill some also.

you can ask me about this place i hunt there every year

Comment

You say you hunt on the atv side? How far have you been back and hunted? When we hunted on a drawn hunt there was a guy that killed a really nice 8 point pretty far back to the end. I am not really worried about killing a big buck, have a private lease for that, but I want to kill some does. I have a few spots marked but can't say I have had the most success on seeing deer. I live in Mineola so I am really looking forward to hunting evenings.

Comment

the last time i took my mule out there it was flooded and we got stuck alot. but if you take the east trail all the way to the power lines, which is called palmetto land you should have good luck. walked out there a few times and never seen anyone else out there. and yes there are very big bucks back there.

Comment

am thinking it's the only National Forest a 4 wheeler is almost a must

Comment

yeah after hunting the old sabine and doing some long walking i decided in order to hunt further and have a better chance it would be wise to take a fourwheeler or utv out there. just to dang big to cover on foot.

Comment

I have been all over this place, on four wheeler and everything looks so much alike I can't narrow it don't to the perfect place. I appreciate the help hand grenade.

Comment

Are You Talking About The Bottoms Between Grand Salene And Mineola There On Hwy 80.

Comment

Is the old sabind also Big lake.:kj bottom? I know you have to have ORV or ATV to get there I am gonna try my truck this year lol.

Comment

no quick, not the same. old sabine is a seperate wma. and no you cannot drive your truck out there. only atv and utv.

Comment

ATV use

FYI, if you don't already know, you can use an atv as long as you take an atv safty class, you can find out where the classes are at "www.atvsafety.org", $125.00 for adults and $75.00 for children under 15yrs. If you bought a new atv recently the fee is waved with proof of purchase. You also have to get an annual atv decal ($8.00), you can order online at "www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/ohv/".
                      Note: According to the instructor, this is the only atv safety class recognized by Texas Parks and Wildlife, the instructor also said the fine is stiff ($600) if you get caught without the Class Certificate and OHV decal.

good luck.
                      Rick

Comment

thanks for the info I need to check and make sure I can use my truck down at big lake bottom for a draw hunt I am putting in for.

Comment

yeah i was going to take the atv course but found out that a utv is not an atv so i was able to skip the class. glad i bought a utv instead. all i had to do was buy the ohv decal and i was done. besides most wma's dont let you ride doubles on an atv and since i never hunt alone i got a utv instead.

Comment

UTV=what and where can I get one hehe

Comment

Anyone been down the the bottom lately???

Comment

Working...
                              X