Benbrook Lake 2014-2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
    When me, duckhunter1, and Texasbound carried my buck out at 3 am, we saw a campfire in the woods. We called the cops. It ended up with this seedy looking couple with a blanket and bottle of wine looking to sleep out there. The guy got mouthy. The cop got agitated. We left to get my stand and game cart. Came back and saw both of them where in handcuffs sitting in the back of two different patrol trucks.
    You're a bully.

Comment

Building condos? Do not touch the blanket!

Comment

Bumped a good sized covey of quail last time I walked around out there. Whodathunkit!

Comment

All I've seen a couple of deer, two turkey, and one rattlebug. Oh and I ate about two dozen of those banana spiders. Need to keep my mouth closed when I walk.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
            All I've seen a couple of deer, two turkey, and one rattlebug. Oh and I ate about two dozen of those banana spiders. Need to keep my mouth closed when I walk.
            Are they as sweet as their name suggests? you know tradition says they might help with muscle cramps on long hikes

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
              Mouth breather.

Comment

More like dying of heat stroke.

Comment

I drew the 1-15th of January. Never hunted this before and know a little bit about the areas, but probably not what I should. I guess we will just do the best we can with the time we are given.

Comment

Originally posted by Shallowater View Post
                    I drew the 1-15th of January. Never hunted this before and know a little bit about the areas, but probably not what I should. I guess we will just do the best we can with the time we are given.
                    you want to trade slots, lol? I'd gladly do so if it were permitted...

Comment

Originally posted by topshot View Post
                      you want to trade slots, lol? I'd gladly do so if it were permitted...

Nah. I'm good.

Comment

I got a draw this year. And was reading everyone's comments about stands. The way I read it is. Your stand can stay up during your 2 week hunt then has to be pulled down. That's why we have to put the date on it. Below is how it is stated
                        "All blinds must have hunter’s name, date of installation, address and phone number written legibly and placed at the entry point of the blind in an obvious location. Blinds must be removed at the end of each hunters 2 week permit"

Comment

Originally posted by Shedhunter View Post
                          I got a draw this year. And was reading everyone's comments about stands. The way I read it is. Your stand can stay up during your 2 week hunt then has to be pulled down. That's why we have to put the date on it. Below is how it is stated
                          "All blinds must have hunter’s name, date of installation, address and phone number written legibly and placed at the entry point of the blind in an obvious location. Blinds must be removed at the end of each hunters 2 week permit"
                          That is correct. I removed mine yesterday.

Good luck and hope for cooler weather. Most of my sits were in 95 degree afternoons.

Comment

Working...
                          X