DCNF Doe permit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DCNF Doe permit?

I have always thought you needed a doe permit for DCNF, last year I applied and was sent one for Alabama creek, I don't hunt in Alabama creek I thought maybe it was a mistake or they were out for DCNF. I just looked to apply on the tp&w web site and DCNF is not even on there, can some one school me real quick. Thanks

Following^^^^

Comment

You do not need a doe permit during archery season.

Comment

Antlerless permits are no longer issued for the general national forests--they are only issued for the WMAs within the national forest. If you want to take a doe in the general forest area, you can do so during archery season or muzzleloader season.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
          Antlerless permits are no longer issued for the general national forests--they are only issued for the WMAs within the national forest. If you want to take a doe in the general forest area, you can do so during archery season or muzzleloader season.
          This

Comment

Yep

Comment

Yep.

You got that because Alabama Creek is the WMA area in DCNF.

Comment

Ok I gotta get it done in bow season thanks for all the responses.

Comment

You can also kill a doe during muzzleloader season.

During muzzleloader, you don't need an antlerless permit, you just use your state tags if you haven't already shot 2 during bow season.

Comment

Alabama Creek is a great place to hunt.
                    There are some big deer in there.

Comment

Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post
                      You can also kill a doe during muzzleloader season.

During muzzleloader, you don't need an antlerless permit, you just use your state tags if you haven't already shot 2 during bow season.
                      I might get me a muzzleloader this year and give it a try.

Comment

Working...
                      X