No announcement yet.

Archery draw hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got drawn for dec 8-12 at the chap.guessing it was the second draw as I got the email this am. ....with low pp. Im stoked as I thought it would be many many years before getting drawn for this place. Now I just have to request off work...I know the chances arent the best there but he hey have big bucks. Feel blessed and lucky. First time ive been drawn in 4 years for a hunt and I put in every category. I figured this would be the last one I get lucky to b drawn or the exotic.

Ill post up a separate thread for tips later if yall dont mind helping ive never hunted that area
    Last edited by SCREAMINREELS; 09-08-2014, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Does anyone know if they will still be doing standby or does the 2nd draw take the place of standby positions?

Comment

Originally posted by KC Huntin View Post
        Does anyone know if they will still be doing standby or does the 2nd draw take the place of standby positions?
        I believe any spots not filled after the second draw go to standby unless the area does not take standby positions like devils river SNA. I am hoping they are taking stadbys @ RC and Gus.

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
          I got drawn for dec 8-12 at the chap.guessing it was the second draw as I got the email this am. ....with low pp. Im stoked as I thought it would be many many years before getting drawn for this place. Now I just have to request off work...I know the chances arent the best there but he hey have big bucks. Feel blessed and lucky. First time ive been drawn in 4 years for a hunt and I put in every category. I figured this would be the last one I get lucky to b drawn or the exotic.

Ill post up a separate thread for tips later if yall dont mind helping ive never hunted that area
          You're welcome I had to give up our two spots due to work schedule.

Comment

Your best bet would be to call the area a few days before the first hunt. They can tell you then if there are any stand-by slots open or if they will even do stand-by.

Comment

I wonder how long the secondary guys that got picked get to send in their money?

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                I wonder how long the secondary guys that got picked get to send in their money?
                I was drawn for the Secondary archery deer at Mason Mountain WMA and my payment deadline is 9/21/14.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                  You're welcome I had to give up our two spots due to work schedule.
                  Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post

I'm hunting that same week there. I started a post about having never hunted it and asking for advice. I got a little - mostlly in the form of PM's though. You're welcome to continue that thread if you want

Comment

Since I couldn't make my Richland Creek date, that spot should be open for stand by.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                        Since I couldn't make my Richland Creek date, that spot should be open for stand by.
                        Same here. I just started a new job and I'm just glad to be working.

Comment

Got picked for Nannie on 2nd draw. WooHoo!

Comment

Originally posted by RobinBradbery View Post
                            Got picked for Nannie on 2nd draw. WooHoo!

Nice. I was hoping to get drawn there, it's only 5 minutes from my house. But I didn't get drawn.

Comment

If it states "standby" hunts they usually are allowed. I went to a few stanbby's. It seemed a good thing even though I was not selected. There were 16 hunters applying. The biologist said he wanted four names on each card. That being said he put the 4 cards in a can, picked the youngest kid or young lady, she pulled the card. All for hunters got to hunt. So the odds of getting drawn was one out of 4. Much better odd that the actual drawing witch I think were 15,000 to 1.

Comment

Wasp, that is pretty good way to break down the standbys.

Comment

Working...
                                X