Repka Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repka Road

I searched but did not find any information on Dove hunting Repka Road.

Has anyone hunted this public land?

Any tips, well on dove hunting period, would be helpful. New to bird hunting.

Attached is the PDF from TPWD
    Attached Files

I can't see the attachment, but I'm pretty sure I know which property you are referring to. Our place is just to the South of there and we are covered in doves right now. There's usually a decent amount of people hunting that public land opening day and the first weekend, then the numbers die down. The property looks plenty big to handle everyone since it is fairly long running east to west. There's also large fields of corn to the north that is day leased so the birds usually keep moving around which is always good.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
      I can't see the attachment, but I'm pretty sure I know which property you are referring to. Our place is just to the South of there and we are covered in doves right now. There's usually a decent amount of people hunting that public land opening day and the first weekend, then the numbers die down. The property looks plenty big to handle everyone since it is fairly long running east to west. There's also large fields of corn to the north that is day leased so the birds usually keep moving around which is always good.
      Sounds great!

You run any Mojo's?

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
        Sounds great!

You run any Mojo's?
        Yes... usually one or two Mojos and several decoys on the fence or in a tree.

Comment

If that is too crowded for you, there are a few APH dove properties just West of Burton, near Carmine, that have at times been real good dove hunting.

I usually hunt the one off Hill's road, but the other two close to Carmine (just off 290) are even bigger, and have good ponds and usually even better doveweed than the one on Hill's road.

Won't be long now!

Comment

Originally posted by Limbwalker View Post
            If that is too crowded for you, there are a few APH dove properties just West of Burton, near Carmine, that have at times been real good dove hunting.

I usually hunt the one off Hill's road, but the other two close to Carmine (just off 290) are even bigger, and have good ponds and usually even better doveweed than the one on Hill's road.

Won't be long now!
            Thanks for the info, just looked those spots up and they look pretty decent.

Comment

Yeah we hunt Repka every year and it is crowded but we see a lot! Jozwiak is a good one too!

Comment

Just FYI they recently shredded the the field and the surrounding corn fields have not been cut yet. I'm assuming they will cut them right before season opener.

Comment

Working...
                X