Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2014-2015 Lake Aquila and Whitney hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
    Permit is free, you have to provide valid hunting license, hunter ed. Card if required, can be obtained at Corps office by the Dam.
    Perfect, thanks

Comment

Hoping some of this run-off will raise the lake levels a little bit.

W lake is still 11.5 foot low
      A lake is a little over 2 ft low
      Waco is 2.5 ft low

Comment

Not hunting related.... Would it be possible to hike from McCowen area using the horse trails to the state park side of H9?

Comment

Yes, it is possible, and not really too difficult, did so regularly while scouting

Comment

Originally posted by TxnRunner View Post
            Yes, it is possible, and not really too difficult, did so regularly while scouting

Thanks! My folks live by McCowen and looking at hiking from there to the state park to "train" for a future backpacking trip.

Comment

Looks like SA and I will be fishing together in June. E
              We're taking a charter out of Cocoa Beach ( Blue Heron Charters) and hope we do good , if not it will be great hanging out with a friend from home!

Comment

So much for all the run-off.

Comment

Doing some looking around tomorrow, sheds, pigs etc. I'll let you know what I find.

Comment

Should be a good noon/afternoon fish bite today. Wish I had the time to get out there.

Comment

Found nothing yesterday except for a couple places to hunt, couple of deer and 2 groups of Turkey. I bet we did 5 miles yesterday.

The Nolan is slightly up and muddy, used the Nolan ramp for launching.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                        So much for all the run-off.
                        idk how much rain ya'll are getting at the lake today and yesterday but we've gotten a lot in iredell. maybe the lake will take a little in this time

Comment

With all the snow melt and rain we've had in the last few weeks, the W lake has made it to -10ft at the present.
                          A lake has come up a few inches, as well as Waco. Both of those shallow lakes are still -2ft low.

Comment

Would any of yall deer hunters be kind enough to share some locations around the lakes where you've seen turkeys?

Comment

Does anyone want to scout out W? I found an area a few years ago covered in big bucks that escaped the management area. Would like to look the area over with someone with more knowledge then me.

Comment

Did you find anything interesting? I'd like to come down and scout sometime. I'm looking for hogs for now and a good deer area this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X