Crow Hunting SHNF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crow Hunting SHNF

I've seen/heard plenty of crows in the Sam Houston national forest and was wondering if it was legal to shoot crows!
    Thanks in advance

I know it's legal on private land. It's allot of fun to call them in

Comment

I think they're protected under the Migratory Bird Act

if I'm wrong I know what I'll be eating...

Comment

Originally posted by TRexFace View Post
        I think they're protected under the Migratory Bird Act

if I'm wrong I know what I'll be eating...
        I see what you did there lol

Comment

all birds are protected under that act, some just have allowed hunting seasons. Not saying you can or cant hunt them, cause i dont know. I think it would be a blast.

Comment

Read the TPWD rules. Basically they are protected unless they are destroying or bothering something. I am not sure if you could use that excuse on public land.

Comment

From TP&W website

The only birds not protected by any state or federal law are European starlings, English sparrows, feral rock doves (common pigeon, Columba livia) and Eurasian collared-doves; these species may be killed at any time, their nests or eggs destroyed, and their feathers may be possessed.

Yellow-headed, red-winged, rusty, or Brewer's blackbirds and all grackles, cowbirds (does not include cattle egret), crows, or magpies may be controlled without a federal or state depredation permit [B]when found committing or about to commit depredations on ornamental or shade trees, agricultural crops, livestock, or wildlife, or when concentrated in numbers and in a manner that constitutes a health hazard or other nuisance.[/B]

Don't think it would be legal.

Comment

They are tearing up my feeders. Affecting my ag crop (sort of) and wildlife. =)

Comment

Thanks for the clarification guys!

Comment

Working...
                  X