No announcement yet.

"Official" SHNF 14-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of SHNF doe tags, has anyone come up with a good idea on the tag selection process. Seems like everyone and their dog applies for the tag whether they will actually hunt the SAM or not. Therefore, many of the SAM only hunters miss out.

Comment

I suggested that you couldn't apply for an antlerless permit unless you already purchased the annual public permit that would let tpwd that you are serious about harvesting a doe on public land.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck-Chaser View Post
        I suggested that you couldn't apply for an antlerless permit unless you already purchased the annual public permit that would let tpwd that you are serious about harvesting a doe on public land.

Agreed!!!

Comment

hog dogs

Heard\from one of the works that a group from Splendora was using dogs on SHNF land on the east side around Cleveland \Coldsprings to get hogs. One of the workers was returning the dog that they lost. No wonder I aint see in chit!

Comment

Originally posted by Buck-Chaser View Post
            Good call BC. And only give them to the ones that have take deer from the forest!

Comment

I don't think the FS is going to pay extra for a tracking number. Its just not in their budget.
              However there should be a way to recover a lost tag. Especially if you called before the reg season began. They have no way to prove that you got it and you have no way to prove you didn't.
              This is the kind of thing that a "group" could take to the FS and bring to their attention. The biking community came together and are making strides in the FS. Its time we hunters do the same.
              With a group voice we can express our opinions as a unified voice with clear plans and solid foundations.
              We could charge a nominal membership fee and make the group nonprofit. Monies would go towards administrative costs and anything else could be donated to the FS or put into projects for the year.

Just a thought.

Comment

Well this thread gets slower and slower everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                  Got word late last night that my BIL is out of surgery. I don't know the extent of what they have done, nor what the plans are for the future. So we are waiting on details, but continuing to pray.
                  Dang, Damian. I haven't been on this thread and several day and had no idea this was going on. I hope your FIL and BIL are doing better, bud. That sounds like a rough deal all around.

Comment

Thanks John. BIL is going home today. Hopefully the FIL will too.

Comment

Here is another idea, everyone that comes over to Dmacks to shoot, leaves him a $10.

This will help Daniel and Sherry defer the cost of the targets we shoot.

At least that's how I feel about it.

Comment

Thanks John. BIL is going home today. Hopefully the FIL will too.
                        Glad to hear that about BIL. And the $10 works for me, just as soon as I get the chance to get over there. Hopefully next week.

Comment

Here is another idea, everyone that comes over to Dmacks to shoot, leaves him a $10.

This will help Daniel and Sherry defer the cost of the targets we shoot.

At least that's how I feel about it.

Haha. Don't know where that came from. It's all good. I plan on grabbing a couple of cores in Florida in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Plus most everybody shoot the bags. And they are ok shape. And bowonly. I think we will be shooting sat after 3:30. Sunday we will be in college station for the month shoot.

Comment

Prolly won't be home till Sunday or Monday. I'll get with u next week to see what yall r doing next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                                Prolly won't be home till Sunday or Monday. I'll get with u next week to see what yall r doing next weekend.

Ok

Comment

Working...
                                X