"OFFICIAL" 2014 Aransas Wildlife Refuge Hunt Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"OFFICIAL" 2014 Aransas Wildlife Refuge Hunt Information

Here is what I have so far keep in mind all information still has to be approved. Archery Hunt Dates Oct. 4-12. IBEP class will be set for Sept. 20-21.

Taking the IBEP class or already having your card will allow early scouting the same weekend as the class. Gate for scouting will open both Saturday and Sunday when the class is finished each day.

I have no info on the rifle hunts as of yet. I will put this information and any other information out as I get it. I'm working with the refuge to get this information out so they dont get covered up in calls.

If you have any questions or want information on hunting the refuge please attend the IBEP class or give me a call 361-222-1152 (Danny). I'm a firefighter so if I dont answer I will return your call as soon as I get a chance.

How many preference points are needed to get a permit?..........

Any up dates for when they go on sale?

Comment

No updates yet.

Comment

I am very interested in this hunt. Any one want to plan a scout?

Comment

If you have a bowhunters safety card you can scout early Sept. 20-21. If you do not Danny teaches a class there on the Refuge.

Comment

Thanks Thumper.

Comment

What is the cost usually? Is it lottery or first come basis?

Comment

They have been selling aroud 250 permits with about 200 showing up to hunt. Its first come first serve and there's been 400 permits available, $65.

Comment

Stilling waiting on updates going to call tomorrow and see if anything has come back from regional office.

Comment

Looks like a full moon for dang near the whole hunt.

Comment

Not the best moon for hunting but will help to keep you from getting lost in the dark....

Comment

It looks like Archery season starts on Sept. 27th.
                        The hunt usually begins opening weekend doesn't it?

Comment

Yes normally but they are going to try and hold the hunt a week later. Im waiting on the call to tell me if the hunt dates have been approved and if permits are ready. I will post the info as soon as I get notified. Been in contact about once a week ahould be anytime.
                          Last edited by Bonehead2314; 07-11-2014, 05:45 PM.

Comment

I might try to make the hunt this year. Went two years ago and did not get anything. Had to miss last year due to a blown knee. I hunted ground blinds cause I don't have a tripod.

How can I sign up for the IBEP class? And what is cost? I need to finally do that and the 2021 sept is a good weekend for me finally!!!

Thanks for all the info!

Comment

All the info for the class will be on the info sheet you print when you purchase your permit. But if you have any questions you can call me. 361-222-1152

Comment

Working...
                              X