No announcement yet.

2014 Lake Grapevine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on your first bow kill. I saw some of the hair off your doe stuck to a root back in the woods. Looks like you got the yearling that I've been seeing with mama. That will be some good eating.

Comment

sdp098 I am interested in hunting grapevine how do I get sighed up
      It's a lottery hunt, with info on the Corps of Engineers web site.

Comment

The yearling is still around. I saw it again yesterday morning. How far away are you hunting BP.

Comment

Originally posted by topshot View Post
          went out yesterday morn. walked a mile in and sat on the edge of a field, wind wasn't the best out of the SW then N. saw nothing, heard nothing, not even a squirrel. didn't see any sign either except for a small doe track. i haven't seen any rubs or scrapes at all out there, nor any concentrated deer sign.

I jumped a deer walking back to the truck and found somebody's gut pile they left right by the fence near the entrance off 35. please do a better job of dealing with your gut-pile next time. it was fresh, didn't even smell yet and the yotes hadn't found it either.

i have yet to see a deer out there...maybe next time.

Do you want me to take the guts home next time?

Comment

Originally posted by Bad2TheBone View Post
            Do you want me to take the guts home next time?
            haha, no. maybe leave them a bit deepr in the woods rather than on the trail right by the entry gate so folks don't have to step over them getting to their stand.

Comment

Not far, but will be changing soon. The pattern is changing.

Comment

Originally posted by topshot View Post
                haha, no. maybe leave them a bit deepr in the woods rather than on the trail right by the entry gate so folks don't have to step over them getting to their stand.
                I wouldn't get too worked up over it. They won't be there long.

Comment

I could of left it on the edge of the field. But there gone now.

Comment

And have Yall had the north lake police messing with yall for parking

Comment

Yes

Comment

They just sticker your car or talk to you?

Comment

I got the sticker. I guess they got someone new.

Comment

I parked down there all the time 2 years ago when I got drawn, never got messed with. Even talked to them several times pulling out. Only the old man had said something in the past. They haven't stickerd my truck yet. But my buddie got a sticker and then was pulling out a couple days later. And a cop pulled him over and told him he was trespassing on tex dot land and the next time he saw him down there he was gunna tow the truck and give him a trespassing ticket. He also said that 377 is the only entrance to the core land that we are aloud to park at.

Comment

�� Yeah it public land, we just don't want you to be able to get to it. I guess anyone who wants to hunt will have to be dropped off, then picked back up later. Or you could just hike 5 miles in the dark with 40 pounds on your back, through bottom land that has no trails. That's a great idea.

I need to just keep my mouth shut right now before I get banned.

Comment

Trust me I know exactly what your talking about. He said if you get dropped off your still trespassing on tex dot land. He seems like a *****. I have walked pretty much every square inch of the corps land. I have walked from 377 to 35 scouting a couple years ago. And that is just one hike I would not wanna make every morning!

Comment

Working...
                                X