• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missed again.......

Comment

Redraw numbers are up.....

Comment

My next hunting vacation got derailed by receiving word that my Dad is now in a fight with cancer. It was in his large intestine, hip joint, and lung. I'm flying out to Phoenix, next week to see him. They have already cut out a 1/3 of his gut, and replaced is hip, so Chemo is next. My brother is flying in from Japan where he is stationed. I'll send all week out there. This caught everyone off guard. Send up a prayer for him if you don't mind.

I did go out Saturday night and shoot a Doe. It was a good shot at a steep angle, taking her down inside 30 yards. Sat until sunset hoping to see big boy, but only saw 6 more Does.

I still got a couple of sick days that I'm gonna burn when I get back. So that's good news.

Comment

Originally posted by bulletpusher View Post
          My next hunting vacation got derailed by receiving word that my Dad is now in a fight with cancer. It was in his large intestine, hip joint, and lung. I'm flying out to Phoenix, next week to see him. They have already cut out a 1/3 of his gut, and replaced is hip, so Chemo is next. My brother is flying in from Japan where he is stationed. I'll send all week out there. This caught everyone off guard. Send up a prayer for him if you don't mind.

I did go out Saturday night and shoot a Doe. It was a good shot at a steep angle, taking her down inside 30 yards. Sat until sunset hoping to see big boy, but only saw 6 more Does.

I still got a couple of sick days that I'm gonna burn when I get back. So that's good news.
          sorry to hear your news, prayers are sent up for the family.

Comment

Prayers are with you.
            Isn't doe only during archery season which ended 31st? There's a late doe & spike season in Jan. I don't want anyone to get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by beads View Post
              Prayers are with you.
              Isn't doe only during archery season which ended 31st? There's a late doe & spike season in Jan. I don't want anyone to get into trouble.

You're confused with LBJ. U can shoot does whenever.

Comment

That would be great but I was told to follow Denton CO regs. Either sex in archery. Does lmention on corp land need doe permits. I didn't see during Reg season about does. Nice if a GW on here can clarify. I might call them tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by beads View Post
                  That would be great but I was told to follow Denton CO regs. Either sex in archery. Does lmention on corp land need doe permits. I didn't see during Reg season about does. Nice if a GW on here can clarify. I might call them tomorrow

No doe permit needed.

Comment

I don't remember it being worded like it is now. Are you guys sure you can shoot does without permits on Grapevine?

Denton County:

Bag Limit 4 deer, no more than 2 bucks, and no more than 2 antlerless, all seasons combined.

Antler Restrictions Antler Restrictions do not apply on properties for which Level 2 or Level 3 MLDPs have been issued. For the seasons listed above, a legal buck is a buck deer having at least one unbranched antler, or an inside spread of 13 inches or greater. The inside spread requirement does not apply to any buck that has an unbranched antler. Not more than one buck with an inside spread of 13 inches or greater may be taken.

Antlerless Deer On USFS, Corps of Engineers, and river authority lands in this county, the take of antlerless deer shall be by permit only. On all other tracts of land no permit is required to hunt antlerless deer unless MLDP antlerless permits have been issued for the tract of land.

Archery Only Sept. 27 - Oct. 31, 2014

Archery Only Either sex. No permit is required to hunt antlerless deer unless MLDP permits have been issued for the property.

General Season Nov. 1, 2014 - Jan. 4, 2015

Youth-Only
                    Early Youth-Only Season Oct. 25 - 26, 2014
                    Late Youth-Only Season Jan. 5 - 18, 2015

Late Antlerless and Spike Jan. 5 - 18, 2015

Comment

Is that new?

Comment

I don't know. Can't find last year's regs, but I don't remember it being worded like that last season.

Comment

Yeah it's the first I have heard. I didn't get drawn this year but you would think it would have been addressed by now for those that were drawn

Comment

I did find this from last year on a PDF download from TPWD:

2013-2014 Regs for...

DENTON (DENTON)
                            Special Antler restrictions: see pg. 68. WT deeR—Archery Season: Sept. 28-nov. 1;

General
                            Season: nov. 2-Jan. 5; Special Late General Season: Jan. 6-19 (antlerless and spike buck only). Bag limit: 4 (2 bucks and 2 antlerless, all seasons combined).

That's how I remember it being worded last year. So, my guess is it is new for 2014-2015. Someone might want to verify, and someone might want to start deleting incriminating evidence from his posts.

Comment

Your lotto ticket IS your permit.

Comment

2014 Lake Grapevine

Well that's good. Wonder why TPWD felt the need to change the wording on Denton County from last year? So it actually says on the permit you get now that this permit allows the harvest of does? I've never been drawn since they went to a draw only. The free permits we used to get never stated that it was a doe permit. Didn't see it stated anywhere on the Grapevine USACE page that the permit allows does, so it must be in the paperwork y'all received.

Looking forward to seeing who gets the big one out there this season. Seems like there's at least one every season!

Comment

Working...
                                X