Stringfellow - Any info?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stringfellow - Any info?

My friend got picked for us to go on a hog hunt. I know nothing about the place except mosquitos. Any input/advice?

Lot of hogs on that place. My son and I did the two squirrel hunts there this year and there was hog sign everywhere. It's a muddy mess right now so bring an atv if you have one. They will not let you drive a truck up some of the roads to keep folks from getting stuck and not tear the roads up. If it's warm, bring bug dope. Not only will the skeeters get you, but the chiggers can get bad too. Wear rubber boots.
    You will probably have better luck not hanging out in a blind. Find one of the hundreds of hog trails and put the sneak on em while they are bedded down in the middle of the day.
    The two guys that run the place are cool cats and do a good job running the hunts.
    Good luck! I'll probably try for standby if I can get the time off.

Comment

Lots of hogs there, some pretty good size ones, 200+ Bring thermocells and plenty of bug spray.

Comment

I will be there from the 25th to the 27th of this month. Is it a good place to bring my bow or should I bring a rifle?

Comment

have fun with the skeeters

Comment

There is bow hunt

Comment

Working...
            X