pre permit scouting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pre permit scouting.

I just recently heard about public land hunting and plan on getting my permit but I have a couple questions.
    1. If I were to buy the permit now then it would expire August 31st right? And if so here is my second question
    2. If I wait until sep. 1st to purchase the permit am I able to go to SHNF and have access to the hunting areas to do some scouting to find where I would like to hunt even though I don't have a permit?

thanks in advance.

There is a limited use permit you can purchase for around $15 that would allow you to scout the NF, before hunting season starts.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanwood08 View Post
      I just recently heard about public land hunting and plan on getting my permit but I have a couple questions.
      1. If I were to buy the permit now then it would expire August 31st right? And if so here is my second question
      2. If I wait until sep. 1st to purchase the permit am I able to go to SHNF and have access to the hunting areas to do some scouting to find where I would like to hunt even though I don't have a permit?

thanks in advance.
      just buy the permit and "scout" while yer pig and squirrel huntin this spring and summer. kill 2 birds with one permit

Comment

1: That's right.

2: It's national forest. You only need the permit to hunt. I'm fairly certain you don't need the Limited Use Permit to scout.

Comment

1. Correct

2. You only need blaze orange to scout and dont have to have and permits , unless you take a gun.

Comment

Awesome... thanks for the help guys

Comment

Working...
            X