hogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hogs

I got my aph permit for the first time this year. I got it to do some duck hunting but now I wanna put some pig meat in the freezer. I would like to go to gus engeling wma because I am familiar with it and the folks that work there, but they have closed the pig season this year due to an eastern turkey super-stocking.
    my question is does anyone have any advise on which area I should go to and where to start? theres a lot of land available and I am actually a little intimidated.

ok, ill try to help myself a little bit. I was thinking of richland creek, big lake bottom, alazan bayou, or even lake tawakini. does anybody have any experience with any of these theyd like to share?

Comment

Lotta pigs on RC, not far from Gus.

Comment

Originally posted by basscast View Post
        Lotta pigs on RC, not far from Gus.
        so ive heard. would you start on the south side or the north side?

Comment

Plenty of hogs at twok as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
            Plenty of hogs at twok as well.
            I like the idea of going there so I can at least try some catfish if I cant find pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by beardedBrazos View Post
              so ive heard. would you start on the south side or the north side?
              I've only hunted RC once & blanked but the sign is everywhere. It's a lot of big thick woods & palmetto so lots of room for them to travel & hide. Twok can be good too but gets pounded hard i think.

Comment

Working...
              X