The "H" turkey population.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never hunted there before but now that it's just up the street how can I not? . Just curious as to what the turkey hunting is like? Any info is greatly appreciated.

I've drawn/hunted deer twice, scouted many a day, seen a TON of hogs. Never a turkey one- but I've heard folks say there are plenty. So, sorry no help.

Comment

I figured this thread would die pretty quick. Turkey hunters don't like giving away good areas. I guess I'll just have to scout it out if I get drawn. I'll hit y'all up for deer questions next season lol.

Comment

There are a ton of turkeys in the Meyers unit.

Comment

Are they Rio's or Eastern's?

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
            Are they Rio's or Eastern's?
            Rios. There is a decent population but I think they get hammered pretty good by predation since none can be shot out there.

Comment

Originally posted by kennyelp View Post
              There are a ton of turkeys in the Meyers unit.
              Yeah, I could hear them the last day of Seg A up in Meyers. Several years ago I was scouting Big Mineral and saw around thirty or forty in the middle of a field. Later on, when I was hunting BM for deer, I saw around ten cross a trail in front of my stand.

Comment

and yet again this ole boy is out of the loop. can someone who doesn't mind giving information please tell me what the h is? lol

Comment

Hagerman Wildlife Refuge.

Comment

Working...
                  X