Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a nice deer beardedB. Congrats!

Comment

That is a hell of a trophy right there!, as I said before that place is one tough nut to crack, what did they age him at?
      Last edited by bossbowman; 12-03-2013, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
          That is a hell of a trophy right there!, as I said before that place is one tough nut to crack, what did they age him at?
          5 1/2. he didn't score that high because those g 3s aren't very long, but he has big bases and im proud of him. 22 yards with my bow.

Comment

leaving in the morning. going back again, this time for a doe hunt. its gonna be coooolllddd....

Comment

Great buck! Congrats

Comment

congrats beardedBrazos

did you kill a buck down there last year with a gun?

Got a pic I will post and guy looks like you
                They took a pic of 3 of us with bucks in front of that sign
                Last edited by BTLowry; 12-05-2013, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Comment

Yea, that's Brazos in the middle and I'm the guy in the orange hat.

Congrats Brazos! That is a hell of a buck. You don't shoot nice bucks at Gus Engeling two years in a row on accident. That takes real hunting skills!

Comment

Originally posted by Palehorse View Post
                      Yea, that's Brazos in the middle and I'm the guy in the orange hat.

Congrats Brazos! That is a hell of a buck. You don't shoot nice bucks at Gus Engeling two years in a row on accident. That takes real hunting skills!
                      thank you sir. went down there on a doe hunt this week and got 3. Im just as proud of that as I am of the buck!

Comment

Any more luck on the hunts there this year? I believe they still have a few segments left.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                          Any more luck on the hunts there this year? I believe they still have a few segments left.
                          im not sure. havnt looked at the schedule in a while. I know a week or 2 ago they had a hunt that was real slow. there may be one going now, not sure. and I know theres one, a three day hunt, in early feb. I might decide to go try for a standby but probably not. need to save my vacation days for a march pig hunt.
                          have you ever been to big lake bottom?

Comment

Youth weekend was a bust, told several missed shots saturday and sunday weather was bad so most went home early, no animals brought in.

Comment

I can imagine that this late in the year those deer get really smart. I like the 5 day hunts. its hard to find deer in 3 days, much less in 2.

Comment

The Gun Deer Management hunts yielded 43 deer (6 spikes and 37 antlerless) plus 14 feral hogs out of 135 hunters; this hunt had a total of 240 permits and only 141 hunters paided for their permits.

Hunt Results:
                                14 deer and 3 hogs from 39 hunters on the 1st hunt period
                                13 deer and 0 hogs from 30 hunters on the 2nd hunt period
                                7 deer and 6 hogs from 35 hunters on the 3rd hunt period
                                9 deer and 5 hogs from 31 hunters on the 4th/last hunt period

Comment

Working...
                                X