National Forest Doe Permits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Forest Doe Permits

Anyone received there's yet? I read on another forum that a few have gotten theirs already.

Got mine today. If you look in the SHNF thread under public hunting, I think you'll see a bunch got them.

Comment

I put in for the Moore plantation. Maybe it will come next couple of days. (I hope)!

Comment

Got my daughters and mine yesterday.

Comment

Got mine for Bannister yesterday.

Comment

Watch your mailbbox. Despite the goberment shut down, I received mine in the mail yesterday. Mine is for SHNF. It does not look like my son received one.

Comment

FYI, be aware that during the Youth only weekend of Oct 26 & 27, kids DO NOT need this antlerless permit while rilfe hunting. It is either sex for the Jan 7-20 muzzleloader season. Adults CANNOT hunt during the youth only weekend. If you have a kid, get them out there and have fun!!

Comment

Check your mail box AGAIN. Today my 12 year old son received his Antlerless permit. WOW. We struck out of all the TP&W drawing but with 2 "doe permits" for SHNF, I'm feeling pretty good. Less than an hour from home. Can't beat that.

Comment

2 Moore Plantation permits in my mailbox today. I think the wifey is happier than I am!

At first, I opened the box looking for that tell-tale USFS brown envelope, and was a little dismayed to see the usual stack of bills and junk mail... but low and behold I found 2 standard white envelopes from TPWD.

My hat's off to TPWD for stepping in and getting the job done when it wasn't their job to do!!

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
                    My hat's off to TPWD for stepping in and getting the job done when it wasn't their job to do!!
                    Could not have said it better myself. TP&W is what being TEXAS is all about!!

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
                      2 Moore Plantation permits in my mailbox today. I think the wifey is happier than I am!

At first, I opened the box looking for that tell-tale USFS brown envelope, and was a little dismayed to see the usual stack of bills and junk mail... but low and behold I found 2 standard white envelopes from TPWD.

Agreed, but it is TPWD's job, as it is a state WMA. I'm sure there are a lot of shared responsibilities, but an agency can't just claim they are "managing" an area without having to actually do something. Frankly, I'm a bit surprised that the USFS issues the permits. I would expect TPWD to do this as part of their management of the WMA's. Otherwise, why are they WMA's?

BTW, got mine today, and I'm thrilled, and yes, thanks to TPWD for filling in.

John

Comment

No permit today for me still holding out hope it's just slower getting here. I applied through the email address on the website. Did anyone else do that or the mail in app?

Comment

Originally posted by Limbwalker View Post
                          Agreed, but it is TPWD's job, as it is a state WMA. I'm sure there are a lot of shared responsibilities, but an agency can't just claim they are "managing" an area without having to actually do something. Frankly, I'm a bit surprised that the USFS issues the permits. I would expect TPWD to do this as part of their management of the WMA's. Otherwise, why are they WMA's?

BTW, got mine today, and I'm thrilled, and yes, thanks to TPWD for filling in.

John
                          You raise good points, I am curious as well what their division of responsibilities is. Maybe TPWD handles herd counts/surveys, range evaluation, etc? I really don't know.

Congrats on getting a permit, hope you fill it soon

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                            No permit today for me still holding out hope it's just slower getting here. I applied through the email address on the website. Did anyone else do that or the mail in app?
                            Marshman, my wife and I emailed our applications in as well. Return address on the envelopes is Nacogdoches, assuming that's where they were mailed from. I'm in DFW, not sure if you would have already received yours or not...

Comment

Got mine yesterday...

Comment

Working...
                              X