Any one ever hunted Luminant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any one ever hunted Luminant?

Just looking over my book and public places to hunt, saw this little slice of heaven. Its 1071 acres by seale in Robertson county. Wonder if anyone hunted there ever.

Anyone ever heard of it?

Comment

Yep.
      Been a few years since I was out there last.
      Seen more boot tracks than deer tracks.
      Quite a few people hunt it.

Comment

I don't know if I would call it a slice of heaven
        The wooded areas are pretty thick whenninwaa out there opening weekend walked back to my spot got set up hour and half before sunrise by the time the sun came up I realized that there were 5 people in the same area I was at all of us were about 50 yds apart sometimes

Beat bet for that place is to hunt it Monday thru Thursday
        you will have the place to yourself and if you walk thru and around the walking paths you are bound to stumble upon something you just better be ready

Wen there Monday walked 100 yds from truck and walked thru some brush on the other side were two hogs rootin the ground 20 yds from me because I wasn't expecting them to be there by the time I got an arrow loaded they were gone same thing happened about two hours later and probably 200 yds of slow walking with two does
        Talk about frustrating

Comment

Originally posted by dparcher View Post
          I don't know if I would call it a slice of heaven
          The wooded areas are pretty thick whenninwaa out there opening weekend walked back to my spot got set up hour and half before sunrise by the time the sun came up I realized that there were 5 people in the same area I was at all of us were about 50 yds apart sometimes

Beat bet for that place is to hunt it Monday thru Thursday
          you will have the place to yourself and if you walk thru and around the walking paths you are bound to stumble upon something you just better be ready

Wen there Monday walked 100 yds from truck and walked thru some brush on the other side were two hogs rootin the ground 20 yds from me because I wasn't expecting them to be there by the time I got an arrow loaded they were gone same thing happened about two hours later and probably 200 yds of slow walking with two does
          Talk about frustrating
          Thanks for the heads up. I'm looking through my book for other places to try out within 3-4 hrs from me here in Beaumont. Don't mind driving but don't want to be swamped with hunting on top of people either. Any other recommendations for public?

Comment

S

Originally posted by lesson 101 View Post
            Thanks for the heads up. I'm looking through my book for other places to try out within 3-4 hrs from me here in Beaumont. Don't mind driving but don't want to be swamped with hunting on top of people either. Any other recommendations for public?
            Sam Houston is close to Beaumont yea??

Comment

Working...
            X