Gov't Shutdown - US Forest Service Notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gov't Shutdown - US Forest Service Notice

"Due to the lapse in federal government funding, the U.S. Forest Service, as with other federal agencies, is closed with the exception of certain essential services. However, we will attempt to make timely updates about public health and safety on these web pages as appropriate. We sincerely regret this inconvenience. For general information on Forest Service shutdown procedures, please visit USDA’s website."
    http://www.fs.fed.us/

^Doesn't provide any details, so I'm curious if any of you guys know what this means for hunting access? I presume any road going into NF land that has a gate across it is being shut by a federal employee right now. Hopefully Froggy can give us some inside details on everything.

I just hope this doesn't affect issuance of the doe permits (I'm sure it will though). That said, I'm much more interested in Washington getting its **** together than killing a doe so I won't be too upset if they don't mess with it this season.

Comment

not good, we sent those people to DC to do a job.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
        I just hope this doesn't affect issuance of the doe permits (I'm sure it will though). That said, I'm much more interested in Washington getting its **** together than killing a doe so I won't be too upset if they don't mess with it this season.
        my thoughts as well Etxbuckman. I put in for the Moore Plantation doe drawing, but who knows if the lights will even be on come draw day. And you are dead on about the big picture. If this social experiment is fully implemented in its current form, lots of us will be thinking twice about even our poor-man hunting on public land going forward.
        Last edited by woodsman; 10-01-2013, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Froggy is now retired and knows nothing.

In the 95-96 shut down the offices and recreation areas were closed but not the general forest area.

Comment

Will Granger be closed down since it's owned by the Army COE?

Comment

I did come across this: http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/ope...uges-other-fed
              This article gives some insight on the shutdown.

Comment

Granger is still open - just talked to the GW

Comment

I talked to ACE lake office at Whitney hunting is not affected "at this time but that is subject to change " they said the only notice they will be able to provide will be signs on the gates tbe day of the decisions.

Comment

King Obama is refusing all attempts to work towards any type of resolution to fix the government shut down, so I think this one needs to go the distance. We have 3.8 million government workers so a loss of 800k will not effect its ability to govern unless those furloughed were chosen by design to cause as much discomfort as possible. You can bet the farm food stamps and welfare checks are still flowing to his voting base.The refuge hunt was closed and hunters are locked out, no access to even pick up the deer in the cooler. Orders were passed down to make the shut down as painful as possible. If Obama wants the Government to shut down then by God lets shut it down, send all 3.8 million home without pay for about six months.

Comment

King Obama already signed the so-called "bill" into law. It's the right wing nutjobs that are holding the budget hostage at this point. So lets just get that straight. I am NO fan of Obama to be sure, but posturing by either side is what's got us in this situation.

But I couldn't agree with you more Chris. This is not a shut down. This is just playing politics with a % of the government. The tiny %, I may add, that hardly costs the taxpayers a cent compared to the welfare, social security and military portion of the budget.

discretionary spending (what's "shut down" right now) is only 17% of the federal budget. You read that right, 17% !!!!

So if Cruz and the others want to play ball and really shut down the government, let them shut it ALL down, and let's see how that plays.

This, is a charade at best.

Comment

Oh, by the way, CALL OR WRITE YOUR CONGRESSMAN IF THIS TORQUES YOU OFF! It's the only way they will know how many people are mad as hell right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Limbwalker View Post
                          King Obama already signed the so-called "bill" into law. It's the right wing nutjobs that are holding the budget hostage at this point. So lets just get that straight. I am NO fan of Obama to be sure, but posturing by either side is what's got us in this situation. ................So if Cruz and the others want to play ball and really shut down the government, let them shut it ALL down, and let's see how that plays.

This, is a charade at best.
                          Its a charade for sure.

GOP did try to defund obamacare and that didn't work, then they tried to delay it for a year and that didn't work. Democrats won on both of these issues.

So now the GOP is saying if its such a good deal why all the exceptions to the law, we want no exceptions to the law Obama signed into law. Govt slim down is because Democrats want part of their voting base to be exempt from obamacare.

Playing games? Hunters have been locked out and sent home with deer in the refuge cooler.

Comment

Chris, I think the Democrats won when the bill was SIGNED INTO LAW. If Republicans didn't want it passed, they should have done something about it then. This is too much like sour grapes.

And yes, it's ridiculous what is going on right now. Absolutely ridiculous.

17% folks. That's what's being "shut down". Not welfare, not medicare, not military spending, no entitlements, just the regular discretionary services that the average person expects to be functioning...

John

Comment

Do yall have any info on how this is going to affect the Antlerless Permits?

Comment

Working...
                              X