No announcement yet.

Alabama Creek WMA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey archer is it 900$ a year? I am just wondering cause I wanna look into getting a lease I can hunt on and camp with my family.

Comment

quickstrike the price is 1500 yearly and there will be openings for the coming year

Comment

Quickstrike, give john a call at 254-723-6942, if him and his boys aren't on the place anymore he can put you touch with the owner or lease manager.

Comment

ty and where exactly is it located i wanna look it up on google maps ty.

Comment

N 31.307778, W 98.380036 - place was like 800 or 900 acres.

Comment

How is the deer population and has it been over hunted, and is there alot of people that have it as a lease? I guess I could just call the guy and find out but I dont want him to jerk my arm and tell me everything is good to get me to hunt there.

Comment

Originally posted by quickstrike View Post
                How is the deer population and has it been over hunted, and is there alot of people that have it as a lease? I guess I could just call the guy and find out but I dont want him to jerk my arm and tell me everything is good to get me to hunt there.
                just give john a call i promise he will not jerk you around. i have hunted there the past 2 years. the only reason that i am leaving is because i finally have the opportunity to hunt a diffent lease with some friends of mine that i have been trying to get on for 6 years. the place is 1280 acres with 8 paid hunters. 4 of the 8 hunt about 2 weekends during the season. usually it was just me and 1 other guy down just about every weekend. there is a small cabing on the place with water, elec. and restroom with plumbing. deer hunting was hard this year but it was hard everywhere. i never hunted and did not see a deer i just didnt see as many big bucks that i seen last year. you can also give me a call if you like 254.214.8166 or shoot me an email brandon_armstrong@levelonetechnology.com

Comment

How is the deer population and has it been over hunted, and is there alot of people that have it as a lease?
                  It seemed to vary greatly to two years I was there, excellent in 2004, then pretty tough in 2005 but not as tough as this year (it was tough everywhere this year). I can't say the area is not overhunted, driving in the night before opening day the hills look like a christmas tree with all the deer camp lights, you will hear gunshots on bordering property but its a big place. I left because I didn't like the 120 mile drive (and this was before $3 gas) and got a place in bosque county that was under 50 miles from the house, plus I didn't know what the cedar clearing was going to do to the hunting. And john will not jerk you around he's an honest guy. Also he's right about the place being 1280 acres, couldn't remember the exact acrage. The place has excellant potential, I think they are still part of the simms creek management area (correct me if I'm wrong bigpigsticker) the thing you have to really worry about is dought it seems to really affect the deer herd there.
                  Last edited by DFWarcher; 01-28-2008, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Thank you both I am looking into it thanks again

Comment

no we were not part of the sims creek wildlife management, but just about everybody around is.

Comment

Working...
                      X