Nice lightweight climber for cheap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice lightweight climber for cheap!

Thought I'd share a good deal on a lightweight aluminum climber with my public land bretheren. Esp. those of you hunting the NF's.

Years ago, I bought a "Comfort Zone Stealth" steel climber from Dicks Sporting goods and to my surprise, it was a fantastic climbing stand. Easy to set up, quiet and extremely stable. I shot a few deer out of that stand, but later got talked out of it by a buddy I taught to bowhunt. I wanted him to have a very safe climbing stand to get started.

Only thing I didn't like about that stand was the weight. It was about 35 lbs. on the back. But, it was also rock solid in the tree too.

When I bought it, they also had an aluminum model for another $70. Being the cheap ***** that I am, I didn't buy it. Later, Dicks stopped carrying the aluminum model, and I couldn't find it again until now.

Wal-mart now carries the exact stand, under the Ameristep name, for $149. Best thing is that shipping is FREE to your door, and I got mine in 3 days!

I love these stands. So solid and easy to put together. I've never felt safer in a tree stand.

A little trick - I replace the factory seat (which is incredibly comfortable as-is) with a mesh seat that I can slide back as I stand up. Works perfectly.

If you're thinking about a last minute climbing stand purchase, this one will probably make you very happy.

Put mine on my scale - ready to pack into the woods, and it weighs 22 lbs.!

Last edited by Limbwalker; 09-22-2013, 06:42 AM.

Oh, one of the reasons I like this stand design is that the rail in front of the hand climber can be used to sit and climb, or it can be removed completely for an open front design.

Pretty smart.

Comment

Wow! Sounds versatile!

Comment

That is a nice stand. My buddy has 2 of them. He also complimented on the front rail also. If academy wasn't running a deal on the summit viper classic I would have bought one of those. I purchased the viper classic for 149.99. If some one needs a climber I got one it's nothing fancy. It needs the seat cover replaced.

Comment

Working...
        X