Aransas Refuge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aransas Refuge

Its just around the corner again....I'm already pumped up and ready to go again! When do you send out the permits? July?

I know last year they said they would send them out earlier this year. I would say June or early July. I'm ready to go now.

Comment

I stay ready to go!!

Comment

Count me in. I going to the same Oak Mont as last year maybe a little further back. LOL

Comment

I've always wondered about that place. Has anybody had any luck? Is the hunting any good? I'd like to give it a try but nobody I know knows anything about it. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

I know where I'll be at this year

Comment

This year's dates are out for the Public Archery Hunt on the Aransas National Wildlife Refuge. The hunt opens on Oct 4 for nine straight days until Oct 12. This is the longest running Archery hunt in TX where hunters just have to sign up for the hunt. To get a hunting packet with the information about the hunt all you have to do is call the Refuge at 361-286-3559 and give them your address. Hunter success has been running 20%-25%.

Comment

Chris, have you heard whether they have sent out the packets yet? I called up there a couple weeks ago and the lady told me they were running late on sending them out

Comment

I talked to Chris at the refuge last week. He said he hopes to have the packets out by July 1.

Comment

I talked with Chris at the refuge last night he said the applications for the hunt went out on the mail run yesterday. The I.B.E.P course will be held again this year. The information packet will be sent with your permit. Will post more info as I get it in.

Comment

Thanks for the update Danny. I had a blast hunting there last year and can't wait to see what happens this year (with less water).

I can vouche that the IBEP class y'all instructed last year was a very good and fun class. It gave me a ton of information about the Refuge and some good general knowledge of bowhunting. I highly recommend it to those wanting to hunt the Refuge

Comment

I emailed Chris yesterday.. sending out infomation packet.. How do you get a map of that area?

Comment

They should send a map along with the packet defining the hunting areas. Then you can get more in-depth with google Earth or whatnot.

Comment

Chris told me the fawn crop looks really good this year. And the refuge has plenty of hogs for all to enjoy.

Comment

Wife and I stopped by Aransas last Friday on the way to Corpus. Chris was finally taking a day off after 16 straight on. We toured the driving part of the park. Saw deer , hogs, ducks, gators , and in the bay dolfins. Had a great time. Saw two bucks that would do anyone proud , Also saw 5 hogs at hog lake and a gator that would probaly go somewhere between 12 and 13 foot .Trey and I both got our registration forms in the mail today . Guess I will be buying money orders tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X