sabine national forest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sabine national forest

Lets go ahead and start us a thread for the sabine national forest. Has anyone been out scouting?

not yet but plan on starting next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
      not yet but plan on starting next week.
      Same here

Comment

There are no deer in the sabine national forrest.

I Hunt on Private land near Teneha Creek and public land around Huxley.

Comment

Guys help me out with this question, I don't remember, must be getting old. If you hunt in the national forest do you need a type 2 lic. I know you have to have one to hunt the Moore plantation WMA, but not sure if you have to have one for the general forest.

Comment

No just in the wma

Comment

Yes you need regular bow hunting / gun license and a type 2 permit.
              Go to Texas Parks and Wildlife and read the rules.

Fastest way to get a ticket is not know the rules. Game wardens hit the national forests hard the first week of bow and first week of gun season.

Comment

I did go to the Texas parks and wildlife page and did not see where you needed a type 2 lic for the general forest. Thanks for looking out for my well being.

Comment

I don't think you need one if all you hunt is the national forest. If you hunt the Moore Plantation then yes you do.

Comment

I didnt believe you needed one either unless it was a wma, I tried calling to see but the office is closed. After looking on tpwd.com it looks almost like you do need the aph for regular forest

Comment

you do not need one in the NF.

Comment

The Sabine National Forest I meant to say.

Was up there this weekend. It's very dry on the north end. The are logging a bunch on the north end. Should be some good places to get in and hunt. The deer look in great shape.

Comment

Cur dog you are correct I called back today and they said its only needed in the wmas

Comment

where we are at I did not see a lot of acorns.

Comment

Are they logging near ragtown. I like to hunt some of the land around there. I have not been there in a year or so. Do any of yall hunt out that way.

Comment

Working...
                              X