Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big lake Bottom ..... anyone ever hunted there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big lake Bottom ..... anyone ever hunted there?

Just got drawn. Just seeing if anyone has ever hunted here, and any luck?

I have not, but got drawn also this year for Xbow. I have talked to some folks who have hunted it and they all said that they really enjoyed the hunt there. Lots of animals - deer and hogs. Said the poison oak is really bad there too so be careful.

Comment

Awesome ...... Looking forward to it.

Comment

Me and my friend were drawn for the rifle hunt last yr and took a doe within couple of hrs on the first day sit..my buddy missed one. I took the climber but ended up sitting on the top portion only on the ground..made me a lil brush blind...its all bottom land hardwoods but difficult to see if you get up high.....pop up might work if u brush it in good.
        The park officials are great and help you out. We parked at edge of our compartment and hiked in about a mile in. There is definitely decent game. There was a guy who shot a whole bunch of hogs almost got tired bcos he didnt want to clean. Pm me if you need help

Comment

PM Mossman500. He's been and he's a killin machine!!!
          Just tell him I sent ya

Comment

big lake

Hunted there two years ago. Tons of deer. We shot 4 deer and 5 hogs. It rained the entire time. If you have a 4 wheeler it is definitely worth it. My 4 wheeler almost got stuck just going down the road... If it rains walking in will be tough. We found ridges with big burr oaks on them and that is where we hunted.

Comment

I live 8 minutes from there hunted it for 10 years. my buddy has 2000 acres to the north. the ivy grows on the north of the trees. carry gps or you will get lost. its very dry here so hunt as close to the river as you can.

Comment

Got drawn on there as well! Looking forward to it. Will e bringing my Ranger for sure!

Comment

Felix 40 and I also drew this hunt. We are stoked.
                  Last edited by LeanMachine; 08-22-2013, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Hunt the water....saw a Monster 10 pt last time I was there....wish I wasn't hunting does...he was a wall hanger for sure.

Comment

So y'all are the one's who drew my spot.

Well since I can't go I'll just wish you all the best of luck. Let's see some LDP's after the hunt

Comment

I live on the entrance road. If anyone needs help while there let me know.

Comment

I just found out I am in the hunt starting Sep 30. Any of you guys on that one?

Comment

yep..... Crossbow Sept. 30th - Oct.4th

Comment

Well Axisbuck, I guess we missed the draw for bow season.

Comment

Working...
                              X