Need to meet you. Give me a shout

Comment

Originally posted by snikrah View Post
        Who's gonna be up there thurs - sat?
        im sure liking your new profile pic!

Comment

I will be there Friday afternoon. Bringing bow and 3006.

Comment

Is anyone else worried about the rain? I have what looks like a camo umbrella cut in half, that I will be strapping to the tree above me to keep the rain off. I have every intention on hunting in the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
              Is anyone else worried about the rain? I have what looks like a camo umbrella cut in half, that I will be strapping to the tree above me to keep the rain off. I have every intention on hunting in the rain.
              thats the way to do it . Wife and I will be hunting SNF Friday & Saturday and will be employing the tree umbrella as well.

The days leading up to November's full moon have always been great days to sit all day for me. I don't think the rain will affect the hunting too much unless it's heavy and lasts awhile. I believe the rut mostly overcomes adverse factors, save really warm days. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by woodsman View Post
                thats the way to do it . Wife and I will be hunting SNF Friday & Saturday and will be employing the tree umbrella as well.

The days leading up to November's full moon have always been great days to sit all day for me. I don't think the rain will affect the hunting too much unless it's heavy and lasts awhile. I believe the rut mostly overcomes adverse factors, save really warm days. Good luck!
                If anything I think it will help the deer movement. If it rains there will be less hunters in the woods, with less hunters comes more deer movement!!! Tree umbrella here I come. Has anyone ever used one? Is it loud with the rain hitting it?

Comment

Originally posted by TheCracker View Post
                  Putting pictures of untagged deer (certainly appears that way) is a great way to get your buddy a visit by the Game Warden. If you keep up with the Sam Houston Thread they had some recent drama about this.

Just sayin'!
                  Cool beans not my problem just showing off a DCNF buck.

Comment

it sounds about the same as a normal sized umbrella really. I think the sound of rain landing around the deer drown out any unusual sound from the umbrella. $.02

Comment

Heading up with my daughter after work Friday. Will hunt through Sunday. We'll be in a blind so not too concerned with the chance of rain, we'll sit all day

Comment

Temp Friday/Sat night in the mid to upper 60s. Pretty warm after 30 degree temps this week. Do you guys think this will have much of an effect on deer movement obey the weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by tbeard View Post
                          Temp Friday/Sat night in the mid to upper 60s. Pretty warm after 30 degree temps this week. Do you guys think this will have much of an effect on deer movement obey the weekend?
                          Will probably slow it down a bit. First and last 30 min of daylight will probably be prime time. As usual for that area.

Comment

Originally posted by tbeard View Post
                            They still gotta eat and drink so they'll still be moving, just hoping that little freeze set some does in motion for being bred regardless of the temps or moon. I know we've already had one round but hopefully the second should be soon? I can imagine there are bucks still cruising around at least looking and keeping close to some does for the 2nd rut.

It just takes one hot doe to drag many bucks out from hiding. That happened to my dad and I when I was younger in mid November, warm morning, on nearly a full moon.

1 doe came running out of the NF across the field and 16 shooters came out right behind her in a single file line and none of them cared a lick that my dad and I were trying to play whack a mole by connecting with at least one of them. They all disappeared and we didn't drop a single one. Not two minutes later the parade started again from where they just went and dad and I had another round only knocking down one. Come to find out my father had actually hit him going across the opening the first time but he didn't care 'cause he was on that tail. I really didn't understand how bucks could be so careless during rut until that event unfolded before my eyes.

I'll let yall know what I see on the deer activity Friday out there, hopefully we'll see some more chasing going on or at least some shooters hanging around the does waiting

Comment

They were chasing yesterday evening.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                                They were chasing yesterday evening.
                                Wish I had your hunting schedule

Comment

Working...
                                X