"Official" Davy Crockett National Forest hunt thread 13-14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
    Anyone have any new updates? I'm getting excited about my first ever try in DCNF. Been wanting to do this for years, now I have no excuse.
    Im up in a tree in the Davy. Seen several deer midday chasing. 8 pt and a spike.

Comment

Sweet. Sounds like you had a good day Jason. I'll be up there soon. Hoping for my first. Seems like the deck is stacked against me, but I'm gonna try and bowhunt. Just not much of a gun hunter. Any legal deer to me would be great, or should I hold out? Am I waisting my time bow hunting? Seems like all the big bucks were rifle killed.

Comment

Successful week in the DCNF!

Comment

Dang! Laying 'em down. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Is this the Alabama creek wma you guys are talking about in this thread ?

Comment

Yes I believe they are big one. Grats ag13! Anyone else out there this weekend? Ill be out next thurs - sat afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by snikrah View Post
                Yes I believe they are big one. Grats ag13! Anyone else out there this weekend? Ill be out next thurs - sat afternoon.
                About to head out there at noon when I get off work. Taking my son and nephew to see if I can put them on some deer. One bow hunts the other rifle. Good luck to all you other hunters out there and good luck next weekend Snikrah!

Comment

Originally posted by snikrah View Post
                  I'm here! Eating at whistle stop in kennard. I didn't see anything this morning. Very quiet. May be moving mid day???

Comment

Anybody know if it's legal to use c'mere deer in the forest? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by FISHINJESS View Post
                      Anybody know if it's legal to use c'mere deer in the forest? Thanks!
                      No

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Sitting in a tree on an oak flat, between a bedding area and a creek bottom, in the DCNF! Wish me luck!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384033179.975883.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	24263479

Comment

That looks like an awesome spot. Good luck! I've been hunting the Sam Houston national forest since the beginning of bow season and havnt even seen a deer yet. There's not a single pic of a buck like the ones you guys are posting here on the SHNF thread. Looks like a way better place to hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big One View Post
                              That looks like an awesome spot. Good luck! I've been hunting the Sam Houston national forest since the beginning of bow season and havnt even seen a deer yet. There's not a single pic of a buck like the ones you guys are posting here on the SHNF thread. Looks like a way better place to hunt.
                              Looks like its a good year for sure but don't think that everyone in the Davy kills deer like that. I've hunted it for about 15 years and there have been some seasons I've only seen 2-3 bucks and the really nice ones are very few and far between. I hunt 3-4 days a week bow through muzzle loader season so I hunt a lot and a lot of areas.

Comment

I am headed back down Thursday. Cannot decide if I should stick with bow hunting. Will be hunting Alabama Creek.
                                Do you guys think I am wasting my time with the bow or break out the 3006?

Comment

Working...
                                X