No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney & Aquilla Hunting 2013-2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As many of you know, permits are being issued beginning today. It is not too late to submit your survey for last year. Call the office or submit online. Hope everyone has a safe year!

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
      I will be a Whitney first timer this year. What are the permit numbers yall speak of? What do they mean?
      Each hunter is issued a permit number when they receive their permit.

Comment

Ok, so does the permit number mean anything? Or is just the sequential order of the permits given? Like the above poster who got #81, is that just the 81st permit issued?

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
          Ok, so does the permit number mean anything? Or is just the sequential order of the permits given? Like the above poster who got #81, is that just the 81st permit issued?
          the first two digits are the year and after those are the number issued in sequential order. So yes #81 is the 81st one issued.

Comment

Ok also like grizz said I'm also curious do they ever say ok no more permits ?

Comment

As of this moment no. Can't say there will never be a limit but as of right now there is not. Whitney/Aquilla averages around 2500-3000 permits a year. Sounds like a lot but many permitted hunters don't hunt more than a couple times a year, don't get a chance, use it as a backup, etc.

Comment

2500-3000 wow I was worried when I saw the guy say he was #81 that they might stop at 100 or maybe stretch it to 200 never would have guessed it was in the thousands, see jamie is going to get a permit and she might hunt a hog but that's a strong might and as far as deer no interest yet.

Comment

Welcome Biggun2627

Comment

Got mine today #78 for mr

Comment

Grizz and Chris, permits 1-11 get a deer permit, 12-100 get a possum permit, 101 - end get a waterfowl permit.

Joking guys, they mean nothing.

Comment

Any one else I might have bit but nope, anyway if I got stuck with waterfowl I'd just barter with TG since he has the goods on flying suppers

Comment

Chris when you guys get ready I can show you and tommygun a few places. I thought it would be next weekend now it will be after the long weekend.

Comment

Sounds awesome brother could always use any help I could get I really liked what I saw Saturday

Comment

There are no secret spots just someplace no one base been to lately .

Comment

I'd more less just like someone to walk with keep me from getting lost be a exta set of eyes I walked for an hour and a half Saturday in one direction or atlesst on one trail but really got no clue where I was on the map or what all was on either side of me

Comment

Working...
                                X