No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney & Aquilla Hunting 2013-2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do yall buy those thermacells from?? I'm thinkin about pickin one up bc it seems like yall swear by them lol and the skeeters are bad out there....

Comment

Man What Was I Thinking!! I Went Out Yesterday P.m. And Had A Doe Come In.. I Had My Bow In Hand Release On The Loop All I Had To Do Was Wait For Her To Turn.. But I Go To Pull Back And She Runs Off .. What Did I Expect She Was Facing Me.. Even If I Did Get It Pulled Back What Was I Going To Do With It Wait Until She Turned..(I Cant Get It Out Of My Head!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by DantheBowhunter View Post
        Where do yall buy those thermacells from?? I'm thinkin about pickin one up bc it seems like yall swear by them lol and the skeeters are bad out there....
        any sporting goods store, walmart, academy

Comment

Originally posted by GunnerHunter View Post
          Man What Was I Thinking!! I Went Out Yesterday P.m. And Had A Doe Come In.. I Had My Bow In Hand Release On The Loop All I Had To Do Was Wait For Her To Turn.. But I Go To Pull Back And She Runs Off .. What Did I Expect She Was Facing Me.. Even If I Did Get It Pulled Back What Was I Going To Do With It Wait Until She Turned..(I Cant Get It Out Of My Head!!!)
          Shake it off you'll get another chance!

Comment

That's what i call learning the experience of a old doe...out smarting the hunter....mabe next time..

Comment

Academy has thermo cells with a headlamp for 19 and change

Comment

Game Wardens are out! Had one waiting at the gate when I came out so make sure your legal!

Comment

Good reminder team obsession!
                  And thanks guys, I did pick up a thermacell this evening

Comment

With the cooler weather coming in today, think I will do some scouting this morning.

Comment

the thermocell is saveing my butt this morning i thought it was suppose to be in the 50s this morning im sweating.

Comment

Good luck to everyone out....nothin yet
                        Glad I had my thermacell too lol

Comment

It has cooled somw since I got here thank god. I was sweating. I swallowed about 20 mosquitoes while putting corn out. Havent heard many doe blowing this morning and I can hear the hogs again but doubt they will show. Thermocell is saving me aswell

Comment

Slicktricker. Just looking at Google Maps, plus a little of what I know-

Whitney:
                            Chisholm Trail ramp
                            Nolan River ramp (COE)
                            Possible- Indian Lodge
                            Possible- Lakeside
                            Redwood
                            Canyons
                            State Park
                            Lakewood
                            Uncle Gus
                            Juniper Cove
                            White Bluff
                            May be some others, and I can't guarantee any of these.

On Aquilla, beside the two main ramps, I've seen folks lauch on the Hackberry access area. I wouldn't, and I'm not sure if the gate is open or closed.

Comment

Think I'm just gonna sit outside in the back yard this morning and enjoy the coolness that's gonna come in, even if it's rain-n .

Best to all out there. If it stats raining, just sit tight and ride it out. It won't last very long. And you will already be in place when it stops. With a light cool rain showers, they will start feel-n frisky. I killed my biggest with off-n-on thunder showers . 6.5 yoa.

Comment

It's starting to feel real nice outside now!

Comment

Working...
                                X