2013-2014 Public land Kill thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013-2014 Public land Kill thread

I started one of these last year and will start another for the current year. Good luck to everyone out there!

Hunting public land in TX this year. Really hope to add to this years thread!!!!!!!

Comment

Looks like its going to be a good year. Good luck!

Comment

I've never killed anything on public land. Hope to get drawn for a few TPWD hunts and change that this year.

Comment

Hey fingershooter I know you mentioned a lease around kountze, are you planning on trying the big thicket public land?

Comment

I may give it a shot. I am hoping that I get drawn on some of the TPWD hunts as well. I work in Sour Lake so I was thinking about trying the thicket!

Comment

I posted last season because I was fortunate enough to kill a hog opening day and a small three point the next day and got absolutely blasted by the "professional hunters" because my lil buck was not quite up to their standards! I sat in the rain for two days straight on high pressured PUBLIC LAND and got criticized by the cheap seats? I will continue to post my success but I would respectfully request those folks refrain from badgering others simply because its not "Pope & Young" worthy. Rant over....

Comment

Originally posted by mchitched View Post
                I posted last season because I was fortunate enough to kill a hog opening day and a small three point the next day and got absolutely blasted by the "professional hunters" because my lil buck was not quite up to their standards! I sat in the rain for two days straight on high pressured PUBLIC LAND and got criticized by the cheap seats? I will continue to post my success but I would respectfully request those folks refrain from badgering others simply because its not "Pope & Young" worthy. Rant over....
                Not all of us are fortunate enough to sit in our top of the line camo in a box blind the defeats the point of even wearing the camo. Then sit and watch caged deer come to a dinner bell and shoot the biggest one. That's why there is a difference between "hunting" and "shooting" a deer. Anything taken on public land is a trophy to me. I will be posting here also if I'm lucky enough.

Comment

got my first bow and going to sam houston or dave crockett. been hunting for years but never killed anything hopefully it changes this year. a friend did invite me to a lease for opening weekend but after that it will be all public land. any and all advice i can get from this thread will be appreciated much.
                  thanks. guys

Comment

my first kills of the year
                    Attached Files

Comment

nice strapfuls of doves!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rbertman View Post
                        my first kills of the year
                        yeah I hope these are cool were not done with bow but was first of season

Comment

Looking forward to seeing this thread grow!! I hunt a small piece of property in Jack a couple times a year but other than that its all public land for me. I will be deep on public land opening weekend!!!

Comment

Did someone say "Public Land?"

Comment

Got drawn to hunt deer on corps land behind my house this year - super excited cause I'm a stay-at-home mom with 3 kids...makes it easier to hunt! I'll post if I'm lucky this season. Usually I hunt Corps land on Whitney and Aquilla,TX but this year I'm staying closer to home.

Comment

Working...
                              X