Caddo grasslands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caddo grasslands?

Thinking of trying Caddo out this bow season. Just wondering how crowded it is the first weekend/week of the season. I've heard gun season is pretty crowded. Just planning on parking and walking a few hundred yards in and either sitting in some brush or ground blind and see what walks by.

Originally posted by MD2TX View Post
    Thinking of trying Caddo out this bow season. Just wondering how crowded it is the first weekend/week of the season. I've heard gun season is pretty crowded. Just planning on parking and walking a few hundred yards in and either sitting in some brush or ground blind and see what walks by.
    unless you plan on doing alot of scouting dont count on seeing much.deer are far and few between

Comment

Originally posted by MD2TX View Post
      Just planning on parking and walking a few hundred yards in and either sitting in some brush or ground blind and see what walks by.
      i think thats what everybody else plans to do too. ive had good success on public land, but ive had to do what nobody else did....work. never hunted this particular area though, but have thought about it. tell us how it goes if you end up trying it.

Comment

you gotta get deep in the Bois d'arc bottoms or at the southen parts of the lakes....always folks out there....weekdays are better if you can swing it.....

Comment

Will try to do weekdays to try and get a better chance. I'm gonna scout alittle in the net few weeks just to try and get and idea of where to go.

Comment

Any info on the land? Was it super crowded last year? Haven't hunted there in two years and it was pretty crowded then. Any deer takin out there last year?

Comment

heard it gets a little sketchy especially after bow seasons up- never been there myself.

Comment

Anyone been out there this year?

Comment

Has anyone got any deer out here yet? I've seen some good bucks and some does but was never able to get a good shot. The last 2 times out, I haven't seen anything.

Comment

I hunted there a week ago yesterday. Didn't see anything other than the doe I nearly ran over with my truck. It was way too windy. Only saw one other hunter till the afternoon rolled around, then there were several more hunters that showed up. I plan on going back next week though, cause this ol poor boy don't have a lot of options, lol.

Comment

Anybody doing any late season hunts? Think I'm going to go out there one more time this year, over this coming weekend. Maybe I can get lucky and get a deer this time.

Comment

I was out there again on the 26th. Saw deer, but nothing I could shoot. I did end up finding a good spot. May go back on the 2nd, and/or 5th. It's a dang good place to squirrel hunt, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by dgruff View Post
                          I was out there again on the 26th. Saw deer, but nothing I could shoot. I did end up finding a good spot. May go back on the 2nd, and/or 5th. It's a dang good place to squirrel hunt, lol.
                          ive never been there, but I guarantee you that those squirrels will all turn into deer the second you step into the woods with a 22...lol

Comment

^^^Lol, you got that right! I've tried it!

Comment

Last day of season

Went out for a final time. Didn't see any deer though.

Comment

Working...
                              X