army veterans trying to hunt again ..please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

army veterans trying to hunt again ..please help

Please help..i am very new to hunting have been out of the army for a few years now and i miss the smell of gunpowder and want to get back into hunting..the problem is that i dont know where to start i have a bow setup and ready to go and a new shot gun and pistol but no place to go..i dont really care to dear hunt but love to take a try at hog hunting and am a big fan of any bird hunting..another veteran friend of mine is in the same boat and we just need some help or a kick in pants to get us going..anyone willing to help please let me know..thanks

I don't know where you are at in Ft. Worth, but this is probably a good starting place.

Comment

Not sure what your going to be looking for but I'm going to be hunting the army corp of engineers land around whitney for the first time this year it should have good hog and duck, I'm thinking decent deer and average dove hunting. Its real reasonable budget wise sub 100 $ for your license and permit, but kick it around and good luck to you

Comment

thanks for the info..i live in hulen area..i am grateful for the help

Comment

I live in Lorena, just south of Waco.We have some semi decent Dove hunting 1st couple weeks of the season then it tapers off.Its not GREAT but your more than welcome to come down anytime! I'm about 2 hrs away.Can't make any promises but if you can shoot you will bag a few birds and liable to hear some stupid and dirty Army and FF jokes.....and the cold beverages are many!

Comment

hey sir that sounds great any birds and beers i can handle..and i have plenty of army jokes to go around as well..maybe we can set something up..message me with some more info if interested or you can find me om F.B...david mcmeekin

Comment

Check into the Corp of Engineers land around lake Benbrook and see what their program is. It would be close to you. The headquarters are around the dam somewhere.
              Last edited by ra61hunting; 07-31-2013, 01:32 PM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

Check Ft Worth dist ACOE for all available projects ( all free ), also TP&W Annual Public Hunting Permit ( $48 ). There are also a lot of draw hunts w/ TP&W starting now, the apps can be found online ( $3 app fee, $80 or $130 permit fee if drawn ).Grasslands in Decatur can be really good also ( Free ). So get busy and go hunt

Comment

Working...
                X