"Official" SHNF 13-14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
    I'll probably try it again to see if they have an interest in it in another area. The smell is so strong....you would think it just has to work.
    I have seen it work first hand. To see deer every single hunt in muzzle loader season on a cheap East Texas lease is no small feat. I could get a book deal of that!

Comment

Originally posted by gdawg View Post
      I will be at show Friday - don't want to fight wend crowds
      Same here.

Comment

Have they done doe permit drawings yet?

Comment

Originally posted by TRH View Post
          Have they done doe permit drawings yet?
          No....the website says the applications will be available on line in mid August.

Comment

Originally posted by Timemachine View Post
            No....the website says the applications will be available on line in mid August.
            Seems we go through this every year. Last year it was Sept or so and the drawing was in Oct.

Comment

Thinking about setting trailcams next weekend. Anybody got theirs out yet ? Wondering if the bucks are still growing antlers.

Comment

Originally posted by roguecraft101 View Post
                Had anyone checked the regulations on using buck candy as a cover scent or lure in shnf because bait is described as something they can eat and they can't eat a powder... I used buck candy in January on some hand corn at this lease and has does there every single hunt... others were having no luck with just corn
                Soooo, newbie question. You can't bait in the forest? Like hand corn a spot? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kparker158 View Post
                  Soooo, newbie question. You can't bait in the forest? Like hand corn a spot? Thanks
                  Nope

Comment

Originally posted by Buck-Chaser View Post
                    Thinking about setting trailcams next weekend. Anybody got theirs out yet ? Wondering if the bucks are still growing antlers.
                    They are still fuzzy at my lease which is just north of Livingston

Comment

Thanks Rogue. I'll wait till the end of August to set my trailcams .

Comment

Saw a real nice 8 point standing on the side of I-45 just south of Willis on Saturday evening. He was definitely fuzzy on top.

Comment

Been training for elk season. Shoulder is healed from surgery. So, I'm Baaaccckkkkk!!!!! Let's get down to business .. I have been shooting between 50 and 100 arrows everyday and closer to 200 on the weekends. Got a new year and be bow set up. I will post a couple pics of Bad Karma tomorrow. Damian, time heals all wounds. I have a sweet New spot. It's about 7 miles from the other. Good luck. TRAIN HARD BUNT EASY

Comment

Originally posted by Bad-Karma View Post
                            Been training for elk season. Shoulder is healed from surgery. So, I'm Baaaccckkkkk!!!!! Let's get down to business .. I have been shooting between 50 and 100 arrows everyday and closer to 200 on the weekends. Got a new year and be bow set up. I will post a couple pics of Bad Karma tomorrow. Damian, time heals all wounds. I have a sweet New spot. It's about 7 miles from the other. Good luck. TRAIN HARD BUNT EASY
                            Good to hear! What are you shooting now?

Comment

Originally posted by Buck-Chaser View Post
                              I've had mine out for a couple of weeks now, seeing some activity (mostly coons)

I'll pull them out of the areas I'm planning to hunt by the end of this month; I try to let the area I'm hunting settle down through September.

Comment

For those guys that like mexican food, there is also los pericos in willis, and ther is also a really good burger place on 75 just north of 1097. I forgot the name of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X