No announcement yet.

"Official" SHNF 13-14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had my first visitor. A healthy young doe at 70 yrds. Never knew I was here.

Comment

Sorry guys, drag out sucked, dressed, lunch, phone charging, back out. Walk in 4 does ahead no clue I am here. Then they spot me and come closer. Almost 40 yards away I am readying for a shot, wind shift, blow, gone. I'm finally set for the afternoon hunt.

But back to this morning, After the two bucks I figured I was done. Then out of no where, there is a doe. Stand up grab my bow, she is 10 yards behind a tree, I draw, she steps in the clear, release, thwack! She crashes off about 75 yards and piles up. Woo hoo! Dry spell broken.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1380405264728.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	24249380

Dang I am ringing wet.

Budd, glad to hear you are OK. I'd rather have crushed my man parts then the alternative. We are spending the night tonight, wanna meet up for some dinner?

Comment

Finally stopped raining. Lets hope it holds out for the remainder of the afternoon/evening. They should hopefully start moving again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by trophyhunter29 View Post
          Just had my first visitor. A healthy young doe at 70 yrds. Never knew I was here.
          Maybe we should have stayed in the woods, now I don't know....Everything we had was soaking wet, so we hiked in and pulled the stands down. Didn't want to stick a deer and have the blood trail wash away in the rain. Holly and I will try it another day.

It was a really good time today at the Pizza Shack. We really enjoyed meeting everybody and visiting!

Damian, congrats again on your doe! No pressure now, you have meat in the freezer!
          Last edited by TMiddleton; 09-28-2013, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Congrats HF

Comment

It's muggy as all get out now...I'm sweating like crazy. Maybe if the deer smell me and stay away, a hog will smell me and come running

The swirling wind isn't helping matters either, except to cool me off a little

Comment

Y'all should have come out. I'm wet, but the woods are alive. Lots of movement.

Comment

Good lookin deer HF...congrats brother!

Comment

My pop up just got attacked by a squirrel. To funny.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                      Y'all should have come out. I'm wet, but the woods are alive. Lots of movement.
                      Yeah, I think we made a mistake pulling out.

Well maybe someone else will stick something!

Comment

Second visitor just crossed clearing with head down and walking fast.

Comment

Up in my SHNF spot - sweating my butt off
                          Spooked a doe close to where I'm hunting on the way to
                          My stand-
                          Nice meeting everyone @the shack!!

Comment

All I got is a bluejay making all kind of noises.

Comment

Lotta people seeing a lot of deer today. Lotta talk at camp too. I had Sasquatch nailed but he was too beautiful....the last of his kind......so I let him walk

Comment

Hehehehehe

Comment

Working...
                                X