Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trophytrout1 View Post
    See ya'll there opening day!!
    Trophy did you get a bike trailer for your new mountain bike?

Comment

Originally posted by Buck-Chaser View Post
      Trophy did you get a bike trailer for your new mountain bike?
      No I'm still looking. Have you seen any? I have seen some on CL but they want too much for them. I still need to check Goodwill.

Comment

got out to the park this Saturday to do some scouting. Didn't get out there as early as I planned but that worked good since there was early morning rain there and when I got out to my spot there were some good fresh tracks to see. The rest of the day and night were spent out over in Huntsville state park. Got a great tent spot right along the lake .The wife and I had a great time chilling out and drinking some nice cold adult beverages.

Where is the pizza shop you all are talking/meeting at? Is in in New Waverly?

Comment

Originally posted by trophytrout1 View Post
          No I'm still looking. Have you seen any? I have seen some on CL but they want too much for them. I still need to check Goodwill.
          Haven't seen any lately . I will be on the look out I'll let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
            got out to the park this Saturday to do some scouting. Didn't get out there as early as I planned but that worked good since there was early morning rain there and when I got out to my spot there were some good fresh tracks to see. The rest of the day and night were spent out over in Huntsville state park. Got a great tent spot right along the lake .The wife and I had a great time chilling out and drinking some nice cold adult beverages.

Where is the pizza shop you all are talking/meeting at? Is in in New Waverly?
            Oops. I think I misread your post. Sorry about that.

Glad you had some luck finding fresh tracks and an enjoyable time by the lake
            Last edited by Etxbuckman; 07-29-2013, 11:55 AM. Reason: I can't freakin' read sometimes...

Comment

Not in New Waverly, it is in Willis. This is a bit easier for the east side guys to make it.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                Not in New Waverly, it is in Willis. This is a bit easier for the east side guys to make it.
                Correct. Don't know the exact address but it's on FM 1097 just before you get to 75. If you're heading east on 1097 from 45 you can't miss it.

Comment

Hey where you at Fozziebear. I know you will be in a tree or up in a plane

Comment

told boss that I feel a cold coming on for the 28th

Comment

Hello all :P

Going to be a great year in the forest this year... was driving through the other day and saw 2 does with twins each... Good omen!! I think I'm gonna get one of those Ozone things this year damian not sure which brand though...

Comment

Tagging into this thread.

I may be out there a few times this year. I have a lease, but I have a few buddies I am trying to get into hunting and this may be their only option for this year. We'll see. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by roguecraft101 View Post
                          Hello all :P

Going to be a great year in the forest this year... was driving through the other day and saw 2 does with twins each... Good omen!! I think I'm gonna get one of those Ozone things this year damian not sure which brand though...
                          That is a good omen. Very nice to see fawns, especially given the drought the last couple of years. You and AJ going to be hunting the same general area again this year?

Comment

I'm going to be there for bow season for sure. I've been hunting the S.H.N.F. since the late 80's as a kid with my uncles. I have some stories from that place and love hunting it. The biggest buck i've ever had my hands on came out of those woods, a main frame 12 pointer with a ton of kicker. I would say he score in the 180's. The guy shot it with an old military 30 cal carbine. He was hunting about 200 yards from me and i helped him drag it out. I was more excited than he was and i didn't even shoot it!

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                              That is a good omen. Very nice to see fawns, especially given the drought the last couple of years. You and AJ going to be hunting the same general area again this year?
                              Not sure yet... I have a lease this year and I think aj is gonna be pretty busy but I plan to make a few trips out this year... I want to try some completely different terrain than I did last year

Comment

How many of y'all use sticks and hang ons with success in national forest? Pics of set ups a plus!

Comment

Working...
                                X