Blaze Orange and Public Land

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blaze Orange and Public Land

Any of you guys ever actually see anyone wearing blaze orange while on their way out hunting?

I have only seen it a couple times. And I can never recall hearing about it being enforced. I can't say that I have always worn it myself, especially on the way back to the truck.

Yes i see ppl wearing it. Down here If u dont gw will give u a ticket. i was out 1 day for a quick scouting trip and I forgot my hunter orange gw gave me $150 dollar ticket.

Comment

Didn't know it was the law in Texas. Is the law in Oklahoma for bird hunters, don't know about deer or bow hunting.

Comment

It's a rule on some Corps of Eng land. It's not written very well, I'll wear it while walking during daylight hours. Never heard of it being enforced.

Comment

I wear a vest on my ranch if Im looking for a down animal and am close to property lines. It's an easy reversable vest so it just a off and on.

Comment

Its enforced at fort hood and most people I see wear it..

Comment

Never seen or heard of it being enforced at Granger. I always have mine on though and have seen many other hunters with theirs on as well.

Comment

We hunted the Sam Houston Forest one year. We read the regs to mean only during rifle season and we were bow hunting. GW said we were wrong, can hunt squirrel and hogs with a rifle, here's a ticket....

Comment

Isn't it the law to wear orange on all public land in Texas where firearms are permitted?

I wear mine because I don't want to get shot.

Comment

I was wearing orange and was shot at in SHNF. I recommend also wearing one of those orange bike flags and an air raid siren just in case.

Comment

I see people wear orange on most of the draw rifle hunts. Most in Oklahoma wear it as well. I have seen a few ticketed in oklahoma for baiting or not wearing orange.

Comment

Texas wma's require it anytime that any kind of firearm is allowed. Doesn't matter if you are just bowhunting. Other people may be gun hunting and they are the threat.

It's for your own safety and ther is really no disadvantage to wearing it.

Comment

^^^ Absolutely

Listed on page xi of the Annual Public Hunting Permit (APH).

Hunter Orange
                          • fails to visibly wear at least 400 square inches of hunter
                          orange material with orange headwear and at least
                          144 square inches appearing on both chest and back during
                          daylight hours at times when hunting with firearms is permitted.
                          Exempt from these requirements are: (1) authorized
                          department personnel and landowner employees, (2) persons
                          hunting turkey or migratory birds, (3) persons within the
                          enclosed passenger compartment of a motor vehicle,
                          (4) persons within a designated campground, designated
                          vehicle parking area, designated boat launching facility or
                          departmental check station, and (5) persons other than
                          hunters on COE properties.

NOTICE to archery hunters and recreational users: You must
                          wear hunter orange during daylight hours at any time when
                          firearm hunting for any species is authorized on the unit.
                          Many units allow firearm hunting year-round for rabbits, and
                          firearm hunts for squirrel and dove often are conducted
                          concurrently with archery deer hunts.

Comment

We Always wear in the San Angelo state park to and from blind is required

Comment

Yep, I hunt on the Sam Houston NF and always wear it. Don't leave home with out it.

And yes, it's required during Archery season/ General season, even in the "Archery Only" sections.

Comment

Working...
                              X