Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Licensing/Permit/Hunter's Ed/Fishing question

Hey guys,

Need a little clear info here. I have my hunting license that I bought from Academy this year with an Archery stamp. I heard that the first year you could waive your hunter's ed course, but I don't have anything that says it was waived (no paperwork stating the hunter's ed course was waived). Also, I'd like to go fishing with a buddy in a few weeks, so I assume I'll need a fishing license which I can pick up mostly anywhere, correct?

On top of that, I'd like to (publicly) hunt Lake Lavon and Granger Lake in Austin. I know for sure that I need a COE hunting permit especially for Lake Lavon, but does Granger have the same requirement? An added permit to hunt publicly there?

These might be dumb questions, and yes, I've been on the TPWD website, but it's all slightly confusing as to what is needed where. If anybody could clarify this, I would GREATLY appreciate it. Thanks guys!!

bump

Comment

You can buy a fishing license anywhere you can buy a hunting license. I believe you can still buy one that is good for a day or few days, the rest of the license year (ending 8/31) or a year from the date it is purchased. I buy a super combo every year so all my bases are covered from the get go.

The hunters ed course is required for people born after a certain year so ypu could be exempt from taking it.

To hunt Granger you will need the APH which is $48 and gives you access to all the other APH land, not just Granger. That is only good througg the end of the license year and has to be purchased each year. You can buy it at anytime during the year but it expires like your hunting license.

I don't know about Lavon so I can't help ypu there.

Comment

You have to ask when you by your licence for a hunter ed deferral Its $10 and then it says on your licence that it was waived. You should be able to go back after you bought the licence to get the exemption.
        go to: tpwd.state.tx.us/regulations/fish_hunt/licenses/hunter_education/index.phtml

Yes Lavon is a corps lake and you need to mail in an app or go to the office on the Lake and get the permit application
        go to: swf-wc.usace.army.mil/lavon/Recreation/Hunting.asp

You need the APH for Granger.

Also, You should be able to buy all your hunt/fish liceneses online now and just print off a copy until your hard copy arrives. As long as you dont need a tag for something.

Comment

Working...
        X