Draw book arrived!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tree Phantom View Post
    I was somewhere in the middle on the surf side, lots of pigs and some good bucks.
    I've been at lighthouse one off the old runway and at the far end twice once surf side other bayside. Lot of deer out there. I've killed 1 doe 1 buck 1 spike and 1 big pig out there and my dad and grandpa both have shot a doe out there.
    Hopefully I ain't got stuff going on when the hunt is going on down there.

Comment

Originally posted by 79F250 View Post
      I've been at lighthouse one off the old runway and at the far end twice once surf side other bayside. Lot of deer out there. I've killed 1 doe 1 buck 1 spike and 1 big pig out there and my dad and grandpa both have shot a doe out there.
      Hopefully I ain't got stuff going on when the hunt is going on down there.
      We took our own boat out to the island and got there way before the Fairy did. Got the best room in the barracks.
      They have changed things now. Thinking it was about 11 miles out.

Comment

We took are own boat too. We were told that you had to find your own way across that the fairy wouldn't take us. Some took there own boats others paid a guide to take them over. How did y'all stay in the barracks. They said everyone had to sleep outside in tents.

Comment

Sent in my 8/1 and 8/8 apps on friday!

Comment

Originally posted by 79F250 View Post
            We took are own boat too. We were told that you had to find your own way across that the fairy wouldn't take us. Some took there own boats others paid a guide to take them over. How did y'all stay in the barracks. They said everyone had to sleep outside in tents.
            I was with Tree Phantom on that trip. Back then they let hunters use the Barracks and also furnished a boat ride to the hunt. They no longer do either. I can tell you that's the worst mosquitoes I've ever seen in my life by far. It was a blast though. Lots of snakes and gators in the freshwater ponds on the island.

Comment

They take everybody out in the back of a truck and drop you off one at a time. I was the 2nd to the last drop off. After the hunt I was the 2nd one picked up. As guys start getting picked up they start talking about how one guy in stand #xx had killed a bunch of hogs. As they kept talking about it I realized my dad was hunting that stand. He literally had hogs laying everywhere over there. It was fun.

Comment

Working...
              X