lake lavon deer hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lake lavon deer hunt

looks like lake lavon coe has decided against having a season for 2013! bummer

page was updated today

Bummer, good to know!

Comment

Why is that?

Comment

there site previously stated they where working with state biologist for the 2013 season, it now states there is no sustainable deer population to allow a harvest

Comment

I see lots of deer out there, sheds too. Too bad.

Comment

that is too bad as I already had my eye on a nice buck....not to worry though, when the number of deer become a problem in certain areas.......there will be a season sure enough

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
              that is too bad as I already had my eye on a nice buck....not to worry though, when the number of deer become a problem in certain areas.......there will be a season sure enough
              Don't always count on it. The Coprs of Engineers get a lot of persuasion from local home owners and property owners of the surrounding properties. This is the same issue with Lake Stillhouse and Lake Belton. From some of the rangers I've spokes with at both of these lakes they would like to have the deer hunted. Area residents have stopped it at both lakes.

Comment

Originally posted by MDMEADTX View Post
                Don't always count on it. The Coprs of Engineers get a lot of persuasion from local home owners and property owners of the surrounding properties. This is the same issue with Lake Stillhouse and Lake Belton. From some of the rangers I've spokes with at both of these lakes they would like to have the deer hunted. Area residents have stopped it at both lakes.
                If the Corps wants hunting then how are the local residents stopping it if it is Corps land? ... I guess if I owned land that borders the property I would be trying to keep the hunting to myself as well

Comment

Originally posted by bdavid1020 View Post
                  If the Corps wants hunting then how are the local residents stopping it if it is Corps land? ... I guess if I owned land that borders the property I would be trying to keep the hunting to myself as well
                  Exactly.

HG

Comment

interesting thoughts

Originally posted by bdavid1020 View Post
                    Lake Lavon already has a hunting zones and the other portions that could be opened to hunting don't have anyone living in the area.... seems it should be just a matter of what the Corp wants to do.....just adding a season for legal game.......it is what it is at this point....could have had a draw hunt at least...........I'm still hoping for a population explosion....lol.......deer sightings have gone way up over the 10 years I've lived in the area.....well there's always 2014....if the Lord allows us to see it...

Comment

Man once word got out that deer were there . . .well nevermind there are no deer even the COE says not a big enough population.

Comment

dang!!! we saw quite a few deer while duck hunting last year... some big does for sure... they will come around!

Comment

Originally posted by ngyoung27 View Post
                          there site previously stated they where working with state biologist for the 2013 season, it now states there is no sustainable deer population to allow a harvest
                          They didn't say they didn't have a sustainable population. They said they don't have sufficient data. I've talked to rangers there a few times and it seems to me they didn't put much effort into it. A deer hunt only provides them with more problems with no added benefit. I think they they screwed the pooch. But that's a guess.

Comment

Maybe you guy's have had different experiences with it, but I've yet to see a game warden in the three years I've hunted Lavon.

I've seen multiple game cams, tree stands, ladder stands, deer feeders, etc all over the place, and within less than a hundred yards of access points. I don't think the wardens really go out there too much, and if they approached the deer survey with the same attitude... well... you get the point.

Comment

Originally posted by K86 View Post
                              Maybe you guy's have had different experiences with it, but I've yet to see a game warden in the three years I've hunted Lavon.

I've seen multiple game cams, tree stands, ladder stands, deer feeders, etc all over the place, and within less than a hundred yards of access points. I don't think the wardens really go out there too much, and if they approached the deer survey with the same attitude... well... you get the point.
                              There is hog huntin allowed....just not deer. These stands u see are most likely for hogs. and I have seen more game wardens at Lavon than anywhere I have ever hunted, and i hunt a lot of pmaces! Been duck hunting lavon for 20 years. Most people that hunt Lavon with any regularity know their names.

Comment

Working...
                              X