Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chaparral Youth Hunt Live as service will allow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chaparral Youth Hunt Live as service will allow.

My son, myself, and a buddy of mine and his son were very fortunate to be drawn for the Chaparral Youth hunt over the next four days. We are excited to have the opportunity to look at one new country as the sun comes up and hope to get the boys on a couple of deer. They are allowed to shoot any buck they choose, a doe, and a javelina. There should be some blood spilled. If I have the opportunity to get pictures of different bucks killed I will post them up. If you are down there for the hunt look for the dirty, black, tailgate feeding Chevy Silverado and say hello.

Good luck.

Comment

What pasture did you pick?

Comment

We are hunting in the East Blocker pasture. We saw one 4 point cull, two doe, and two yearlings. The guys we were with saw about a 120 class nine. Nothing was killed by anyone tonight.

Comment

We hunted East Blocker. We had two different blinds sat in. Between the two of us the best we saw was a 120 inch 9 pointer. We had a good time and hope to see something better.

Comment

Good luck. There are surely some big daddys on the Chap.

Comment

This morning in the fog and wind we saw 7 bucks and no does. We saw a buck that looked real good coming at us and walking away but was only a big mature main frame 6. The rest were young with the exception of one that only gave us a glimpse. He looked good for the brief time we saw him. Will get back in about 2:30.

Comment

Anything shot this morning ?

Comment

Hang in there that youngone should see a good one soon.
                  Last edited by Storm; 12-28-2012, 01:02 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Tagging along, keep the updates coming. Good Luck..

Comment

There are 15 hunters and nothing killed yet. We have seen some up and comers but did not come down to shoot something smaller than he has on his wall. This evening we have 20+ MPH winds that has movement at a stand still. We did see a good one chase a doe across the sendero at about 275 yards at 4:20 and have not seen anything since. I have tried to post pictures of our setup but tapatalk will not let me upload.

Comment

Good luck tomorrow morning should be good

Comment

Well fellows we have tears. We had an eight point about 120 inches that came out at 250 yards. He made his way to about 120 yards and we set up for a shot. He would not turn broadside and when he did it was to leave in a hurry. Very upset boy with me for not trying a neck shot. Behind us at 275 a South Texas Giant made an appearance that was with a doe, she never moved towards us and he followed her off. I have pretty good glass and put him at about 150 main frame 10. Well we will try again in the morning. Nothing a shot in the morning cannot cure.

Comment

He will be back if that's a resident doe she ain't going anywhere ... Good luck in the morning

Comment

Working...
                              X