Richland chambers WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Richland chambers WMA

4 of us will be there. How many others have permits or will be trying stand by?

I was drawn this time last year for the bowhunt but had to forfiet because of surgery. But this year I was drawn for gun Buck hunt in a few weeks! You ought to have a great hunt! The bucks there are bird doggin the does pretty hard already. You should see a lot!Hope to see some good pics from you guys! Good Luck!

Comment

Is this WMA draw hunt only for deer all season?

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
        Is this WMA draw hunt only for deer all season?
        Draw hunts only for deer. After March, when all the bucks have dropped their horns, I believe they allow hog hunting during daylight hours.

Comment

Great thanks. I am making a list of public hunt I want to try for and I will be adding this one to my list for next yr.

Comment

I'm loaded and ready to go. If you see me there, I'm the guy by himself with away to much stuff! This weather is terrible but maybe someone will get lucky. I plan on putting in the effort. See y'all there

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
              Great thanks. I am making a list of public hunt I want to try for and I will be adding this one to my list for next yr.
              I guess the grass is always greener on the other side. Most people here would kill to hunt in your area!

Comment

Any luck on the second hunt?

Comment

I think the second hunt starts Monday and runs through lunch Friday

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                    I think the second hunt starts Monday and runs through lunch Friday
                    I haven't seen any reports on this hunt on Green Screen. Like to see some.Post sumthin fellas!!!

Last archery hunt ended today at noon. Youth hunts this weekend, Then next one is gun GDE >Nov 7 -11. I'll be there, Can't wait !

Comment

I wrapped up and left after the morning hunt yesterday. The conditions were bad and this place was really hard to hunt. Deer sign is hard to find. I ended up hunting with three other guys in unit 11. We had about 1000 acres to ourself. It was very hard to figure out. If I had it to do over I would have hunted the roads they have in there for atv's. watched for deer crossing and then try to setup closer to active spots. The deer travel randomly and didn't seem to have real trails. There were very few oaks with acorns. None on the ground and none on the trees. It was cool but really tough.

Comment

ScooterG is right, it is a hard hunt but not impossible

There are very few oaks on the whole place, most being overcup oak. If you can find one producing you will have a good opportunity to see deer and hogs. Not real sure what the dominant food is there but if I go back I intend to ask

I think most of the trees I remember are ash and bitter pecan

I guess I missed out because I thought the draw hunt was next week to coincide with the GE hunt down the road.

Comment

4 of us ended up with 3 deer and a few missed shots. 2 spikes and a young 8 pt but antlers were outside eartips. Saw very few hogs with no shots. Saw some nice ones but distance was their savior. They had mowed dome open land and deer were feeding on sprouts when not running from bucks. Calling and rattling worked for us for all 3 deer. Bucks are chasing hard right now. Sure wish this weather had come when it was due instead of stalling till we left. Great place but hard to pattern

Comment

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post
                            4 of us ended up with 3 deer and a few missed shots. 2 spikes and a young 8 pt but antlers were outside eartips. Saw very few hogs with no shots. Saw some nice ones but distance was their savior. They had mowed dome open land and deer were feeding on sprouts when not running from bucks. Calling and rattling worked for us for all 3 deer. Bucks are chasing hard right now. Sure wish this weather had come when it was due instead of stalling till we left. Great place but hard to pattern
                            Can I ask what compartment you were in? There will be 2 in my group for the Gun hunt week after next so I'm assuming we will be in one of the smaller compartments. You can pm me if you prefer. Thanks!

Comment

Be careful that your scouting doesn't spook the deer. If I was rifle hunting, I would hunt the atv roads and adjust later. Those deer will patern you. It's not like a lease where you set up your stands and then come back months later. Get in, set up quietly and hunt your tail off.

Comment

Working...
                              X