National forest doe tag drawing questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National forest doe tag drawing questions

I usually apply for the sam houston NF doe tags and get one every year so far. this year I applied for a Davy Crocket doe tag. Are the chances of getting one for the DFNF lower than Sam Houston NF? Also, the tags for Sam houston are good for the whole of the forest; but the DCNF tags application say Davy Crocket WMA. Is it refering to Alabama Creek WMA on the DCNF or is it also good for the whole forest?

Thanks

eagles 405

Just for Alabama creek

Comment

Used to be able to go by the office at Sam Houston NF and pick one up. With the advent of "tell everything you know on the internet", lots of those tags now go to NON - hunters who apply just to keep hunters from getting them.

Comment

Originally posted by Timemachine View Post
        Used to be able to go by the office at Sam Houston NF and pick one up. With the advent of "tell everything you know on the internet", lots of those tags now go to NON - hunters who apply just to keep hunters from getting them.
        Where did you get that information? I've gotten a tag for Sam every year that I remember to apply for one.

Comment

Originally posted by Timemachine View Post
          you could be right, but you do have to have a current hunting license to apply for one, so you would have to be a pretty dedicated NON hunter to go through the time and expense of getting a license just to do this. I have never not gotten picked in 7 years....probably just jinxed myself for this year

Comment

Working...
          X