No announcement yet.

Balcones Canyonlands National Wildlife Refuge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am excited to find which area I will get. I am still fairly young and can cover some ground on feet. I am hoping for a non blind spot.

Comment

Here’s how they choose
      Attached Files

Comment

Giving my tag up some lucky guy. I drew Laguna Rifle for the same weekend as the Balcones so I am gonna pass on deer for nilgai. Hopefully someone on here gets it!

Comment

Originally posted by caalexander4 View Post
          Giving my tag up some lucky guy. I drew Laguna Rifle for the same weekend as the Balcones so I am gonna pass on deer for nilgai. Hopefully someone on here gets it!
          Congrats on Laguna!
          Maybe I'll get lucky on Balcones, 2nd draw.
          Really would like to hunt this one.

Comment

I have hunted and it is tough hunting. But it is very beautiful.

Comment

I was drawn for December 6-8 also, it will be the first time to hunt there for me. From the different threads I have read it sounds like success rates are low but it is some beautiful country! I am looking forward to hunting a new place!
              Last edited by Haunting; 09-21-2019, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by caalexander4 View Post
                Congrats on the Laguna draw! I hunted there twice last season. 1st time was a bow hunt, only came back with a doe. Far too many hunters during the bow hunts. Rifle hunt should be better. 2nd time was exotic only in Feb. Saw some Nilgai and shot at a nice bull, but missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Haunting View Post
                  I was drawn for December 6-8 also, it will be the first time to hunt there for me. From the different threads I have read it sounds like success rates are low but it is some beautiful country! I am looking forward to hunting a new place!
                  I am seeing the same thing. Still looking forward to getting out there and enjoying the trip. I am on a single draw, not a group, so there is a good chance that I will be sharing an area with someone in here. Once I get my assignment I will post it.

Comment

Who got a 2nd draw for Balcones, I see they were posted already.

Comment

I won on the 2nd draw. I was super excited about it until I started reading this thread LOL.

Comment

What dates did you get?

Comment

December 6-8

Comment

Given the other hunts that I've won that are closer to home, I've decided that I won't be headed out on this one 12/6 - 12/8. So, one less person competing for your prey! I'd love to hear about the experience from you guys though - I'm very curious if anyone is going to have any success - what I've been able to dig up about the place though, isn't very encouraging. Good luck guys and gals!

Comment

I will post some pictures of the trip and my experiences. Really looking forward to finding out what unit I will get. being later in the season, I just have to hold off and save a few tags until then, cant get carried away on any other hunts.
                              Did anyone on here get a 2nd draw this year? If so what was the date to pay by, that will help me know how long I am waiting for the units to be announced.

Comment

That would be awesome, not really a ton of info on the area out there and most that I found wasn't great, so would be good to see some nice up-to-date info in case I win it again in the future and decide to go. I won it on the 2nd draw, the pay by date is 10/4.

Comment

Working...
                                X